Black Friday Deals - Don’t believe what you see

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
All a big hype and another thing imported needlessly from the US. Usually stuff I didn't want at full price and so don't want even at a lower price. Very cynical and jaded about black Friday (does it show?)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I like the way they don't name the actual date for black Friday so they can extend it over a few weeks.

I think it's almost run its time here, or maybe wishful thinking.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like the way they don't name the actual date for black Friday so they can extend it over a few weeks.

I think it's almost run its time here, or maybe wishful thinking.

Does not have a date, but it is always the day after Thanksgiving

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Does appear to not be quite as appealing as some would have you believe, deals wise. However I have recently had an email from 1 local club offering a four ball on either of their courses (£65 & £50 respectively) for £100 and valid for all of 2020, so will probably buy one or two of those as I'll definitely be playing there a few times next year.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheap is cheap, it doesn't bother me if it's for Black Friday or not. I judge any item by whether the price seems reasonable and if I want the thing enough to pay that amount. :unsure:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A goodly chunk of the Black Friday products are simply old stock that they can't sell.
Stick a BF tag on it, knock another fiver off and the punters will think they've got a deal...
There's a reason they haven't sold it prior to BF.......

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I read the article and find the way they are measuring it slightly misleading. Last year they looked at black friday and then all the way after the Xmas sale. Of course some bits get cheaper. Also, sometimes there is an exclusive offer to some customers that then gets rolled out to everyone later during BF, yes, the product could be seen cheaper, but not for all. And Amazon has their own promo where they discount more, the Amazon Prime day, that was cheaper than black Friday.
Of course not all deals are ethical, but these guys are trying to create a headline.

Anyway, happy shopping if you find a deal you like.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
This year it is Friday 29th November.
Thanks Giving is always the 4th Thursday of November with Black Friday being the next day.

Thanks, but how many people in the UK know that?
The point I was trying to make was that companies start marketing black Friday as though it's the Friday a few weeks before, and probably after, in order to maximise their sales opportunities.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's fairly easy to find price history's online, if you're buying anything expensive it always pays to look around and find what is a "good" price for the item then judge from there. There are deals to be had, Vokeys SM7's for £72 seemed a good deal.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The point I was trying to make was that companies start marketing black Friday as though it's the Friday a few weeks before, and probably after, in order to maximise their sales opportunities.
Yeah, 'Black Friday' is about three weeks long over here. Daft.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yes to maximise sales, but also to spread the orders out a bit. If it was a one day sale you would likely sell very little in the run up to it as shoppers would be wanting to wait and see the deals, then take a bucket load of orders on one day and fulfilling them in time to keep everyone happy can't be easy.

AdamC28

Visit site
It's fairly easy to find price history's online, if you're buying anything expensive it always pays to look around and find what is a "good" price for the item then judge from there. There are deals to be had, Vokeys SM7's for £72 seemed a good deal.

Shouldn't have read this, where can I get SM7's for £72?

Seanz25

Visit site
Personally think it's a matter of seeking out the good deals from the bad, not everything is a terrible deal, good percentage is though.