Big Max golf bags

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had their Drilite Hybrid 14 bag. The stand mechanism was too stiff so it didn't work properly unless you forced it down a bit. And the umbrella holder was stupidly positioned underneath instead of on top/side of the bag. So I moved it on. Waterproofing was good though.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the previous version of the Big Max. Can’t fault it.
Great, it's a decent sale price there at moment while PGA championship is on.
I use a push cart so don't want anything too heavy but just a bit more storage as currently I'm using a sun mountain stand bag. I never carry so better off with a proper trolly bag at this stage

sunshine

Visit site
I have the Aqua hybrid, which is fully waterproof. The dri-lite is only water resistant so is cheaper. From what others have said, the dri-lite waterproofing is perfectly adequate, so I wouldn't bother spending more for the aqua.

sunshine

Visit site
I had their Drilite Hybrid 14 bag. The stand mechanism was too stiff so it didn't work properly unless you forced it down a bit. And the umbrella holder was stupidly positioned underneath instead of on top/side of the bag. So I moved it on. Waterproofing was good though.

I've worked out how to splay the legs a bit more now, so the stand mechanism is more stable and less stiff. I still have to push it down, the "clever design" to make it fit better on a trolley isn't so clever.

Yeah the position of the umbrella holder is annoying. My umbrella falls out at least once per round when I'm carrying.

I think I preferred the older design, which was basically a stand bag. The new version is essentially a trolley bag with a stand on it.

Grizzly

Visit site
Had the drylite14 for 18 months, its just gone (stand, strap and a zip within a fortnight). Before that, it wasnt a bad bag, and certainly did well in the wet. I also think the customer service is working out well.

The Fader

Visit site
Look good, properly waterproof......BUT........ I had 3 zips fail within the space of a fortnight after 14 months use and I suffered
far more shaft rub than any other bag I've owned.

Wouldn't buy again.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got a Big Max hybrid bag and love it to bits, yes a zip on one of the bottom pockets has given way after about 18 months but it's not a huge deal. It's great how the cutout at the bottom slots onto my cart, really clever stuff.

For balance I've had these bags over the last few years.

Titleist Stadry carry bag...leg snapped after a couple of months...replaced it with a...
Sun Mountain H2NO carry bag...first strap failed within a month, then another strap broke after 4 months. Zip for the main middle pocket failed after about 14 months, it's now gathering dust in the cloak room.

I wouldn't buy Titlieist or Sun Mountain again but the Big Max is much sturdier and better built, apart from the zip going which seems to be a generic problem with all golf bags.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I had the Aqua bag but after about a year (of only occasional use when I wasn't using a cart bag and trolley) one of the zips failed and they were always a bit difficult to undo because of the waterproofing.

Not a bad bag but probably wouldn't buy another.

Tinkerman

Visit site
I bought the Dri Lite Prime back in May 2020. Not had any issues with it at all, including zips. Keeps things dry in light rain or a short shower but not been out with it in heavy persistent rain. Drinks pocket fits 4 cans and an ice block though.

sunshine

Visit site
Long term owner a big max aqua hybrid. Zip failed after 18 months and a was given a replacement bag (good customer service 😃). Replacement bag is now 2 years old and 4 zips are going.

There’s a design fault where the zip separates from the bag. I assume this only happens with the waterproof zips and the way they are constructed creates more friction when opening/closing so more strain on the zip and fabric. Do other brands of waterproof bags have the same issue?

I bought the original bag 4 years ago I wouldn’t expect a refund now, but I do expect my bag to last longer than this. Not had this problem with other non waterproof bags.