big dissapointment in footjoy and shoe fittting,

Charlie_B1981

Medal Winner
Visit site
i was fitted nearly a year ago by my local footjoy approved shop for some icon so i could order some My joys, I ordered them online, waitied and soon my nice clean red white and blue shoes arrived! 9 months later i realised the leather on the inside of the left heel had worn and ripped, returned these to the shop who sent them to footjoy expecting a return/discount of another pair.

lo and behold the answer came back in writing that this had happened as they were too big for me and wouldnt offer any reinbursement.

the shop even tried another fitting and i couldnt even fit my feet in the next size down!

so it leaves me with a pair of £140, 10 month old shoes that have been worn an average of once every 2 weeks that i need to pay a cobbler no small sum to replace the leather heel.

not exactly what i would expect from footjoy!

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
dont accept that.I would persue that.
I got much the similar with a pair of adidas tour 360's that split , i know there not made to order etc.

Can you not get the footjoy approved shop to confirm your size?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think you need to go back to the fitter and get a fitting again and get it in writing. If it comes back to what you were fitted with then I think you need to take it back to FJ. 18 pairs later and I've yet to have any issues

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've heard of a lot of pairs go there with the the icons. Footjoy repaired mine FOC (or the Pro footed the bill?). The original leather they use in the heel is far too soft for the job.

You were lucky to get 9 or 10 months out of them!!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Footjoy repaired mine FOC

are those the one's you wore at the putter fitting?

I thought you'd stopped wearing them 'cos Coco the Clown wanted them back :rofl:

didn't they look a bit like these?

fjiconshieldtip1.jpg

Charlie_B1981

Medal Winner
Visit site
i'll head back to the shop and see if they can put it in writing,

therod - whats wrong with those, mine were the same just red white and blue, i figure if i'm going to play like a clown i may as well look the part! :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not the same issue, but..

Ive had a few pairs that have leaked almost straight away. However i won a £200 voucher from Ag for a review in the mag ang though i would treat myself to a nice black and white wing tip pair of icons just for summer use.

Played at Crail yesterday in the forum meet and drizzeled for a few holes yet my feet were soaked.

Now if i had paid £179 for these i would be hopping mad, its the first time they have seen rain and let in straight away.

I sent the last pair back and FJ made a few excuses as to why they leaked, but decided to let my wallet do the talking and wont buy their shoes again.

Ecco all the way now for me!

Charlie_B1981

Medal Winner
Visit site
i have 2 other pairs, my failsafe aqua lite, and a new pair of dryjoys that i won both with synthetic inners, i think swinger hit the nail on the head, because its a soft full grain leather they've stretched while worn and doesnt cope well with getting wet.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
are those the one's you wore at the putter fitting?

I thought you'd stopped wearing them 'cos Coco the Clown wanted them back :rofl:

didn't they look a bit like these?

fjiconshieldtip1.jpg

Good memory!!! Very similar.

Just waiting for the right event to get them back out. There is a special outfit that goes with them!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There is definitly something wrong with the leather FJ are using lately, maybe a change of supplier or curing process. The reason I say this is I've had to go through 2 pairs of Dryjoys that literally stretched during the first round with them but the leather stayed stretched and my feet could move about freely inside, was like standing on wooden floors in your sox.

FJ took them both back and replaced with Icons, after 2 rounds I now have to wear 2 pairs of sox or thick sox to have them feel anywhere comfortable.

To be fair FJ directly were extremely good in replacing as it doesnt take a genius to see a £180 shoe that still looks good has 'failed' during use.

I would contact FJ directly and as long as you have your receipt I'm sure you will be treated fairly.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe he is aware of the situation. He hasn't come up with a solution, it's not a problem he faces with his curly mop !

I'm thinking headband underneath. what do you think ?

just so I don't get accused of hijacking a thread. My dryjoys started to fall apart after 6 months and leak like a sieve.