Shoe sizing

Humpy

Visit site
I have generally worn Footjoy shoes for my entire golfing life but recently I have found them to be too tight around the little toe area meaning I have to put some plasters around my little toe to ease the pain. My summer shoes are, however, Adidas ones and I don't have the same issue but these are a size bigger. I'm thinking of going across to Skechers as I have a couple of pairs of their casual shoes and find them really comfortable but of course casual shoes and golf shoes are a different thing.

Not sure whether to try out a pair of Skechers in my normal size, or get another pair of Footjoys but in a wider fit. Or maybe a size up?

I know people will say "go to a pro shop and try some on" which is true but walking around a pro shop for a few steps is a lot different to 4 hours on the course.

Thoughts.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might be throwing a spanner in the works here but I've bought a few pairs of Skechers recently and I always have to go down a size. They are superb for comfort, but I have to get them in a 9 or 9.5 whereas I'm a 10 usually. That was the same for me when I last bought Footjoys as well, I had to get 9 instead of a 10. In Adidas it's the opposite problem for me, I'd have to get a 10.5 or 11 or else they feel tight! It's a minefield. Nike tend to be spot on size-wise, albeit quite snug for width (feels alright in the trainer style where there's a lot of padding).

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've got broad feet and my Skechers are fine for me. Very comfy. And to throw another spanner in the works, mine fit to size. I'm a Size 9 and that's what I take in Skechers Golf Shoes.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
A few years back I "won" a Footjoy fitting at West Hill GC from this very forum. I'd worn nothing but FJ for years and always wore 8.5. They guy measured me and said I should be wearing an 8. I queried this and he asked if I had excessive "creasing" across the tops of my shoes. Indeed I did. I've worn FJ size 8 ever since..

I realise that this is potentially the opposite from the experience originally posted above, so I wonder if a wider fit is the answer?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I don't have wide feet, but I have high arches, and I've found that a wide fit have helped me out massively in FJ shoes. Dead comfy and true to size. Sketchers are my second choice of shoe and normal fit me fine... and there's nothing "old man" about mine!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have generally worn Footjoy shoes for my entire golfing life but recently I have found them to be too tight around the little toe area meaning I have to put some plasters around my little toe to ease the pain. My summer shoes are, however, Adidas ones and I don't have the same issue but these are a size bigger. I'm thinking of going across to Skechers as I have a couple of pairs of their casual shoes and find them really comfortable but of course casual shoes and golf shoes are a different thing.

Not sure whether to try out a pair of Skechers in my normal size, or get another pair of Footjoys but in a wider fit. Or maybe a size up?

I know people will say "go to a pro shop and try some on" which is true but walking around a pro shop for a few steps is a lot different to 4 hours on the course.

Thoughts.
Footjoy use different lasts to make different toe sections.
Some are wider than others ,you need to select your shoes by the list giving the full rounded toe.
It’s all explained on footjoy.com.
I had your problem but went from pro SL to the Stratus and they are wider at the toe.