Best shoe for wet conditions

essexguy194

Visit site
Hello I have a pair of the Nike 90g Golf shoes and they are perfect for dry conditions, but they're very much a summer shoe. I dont like wearing them when there has been heavy rainfall, mainly due to grip, but also i wont lie i dont want to ruin them with mud etc!

So i am in the market for a shoe/trainer that is good for playing in rain or after heavy rainfall. I am also thinking due to the fact that we probably have about 5 days left of sun in the UK, that i would like these new shoes to see me through the winter too.

I do love the look of the footjoy Pro SL's my only thoughts are they are not spiked, will they last through the winter? Would it maybe be better to hold off for most brans Autumn/Winter collections?

Thanks in advance all

AAC

Visit site
I use a pair of Ecco spikeless shoes during the winter/wet conditions coupled with a pair of waterproof socks. After the game the shoes go home get dried and then sprayed with Ecco water repellant, mine have done about 4 winters now and will be on duty again this year, so whilst they are not the cheapest to buy they are good value.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've had one pair of Ecco Goretex and wouldn't buy again.
Not very comfortable and one of them leaked after a few rounds.
Good customer service, I had bought them direct, full refund given.

D

Deleted member 1147

I've still got a pair of the original FJ SL's - they are my winter shoe and are still waterproof, unless the rain gets a little "biblical"
Just give them a really good polishing at the start of winter, and they're fine until spring. I think the mud protects them :)

D

Deleted member 23270

I only use spiked shoes in the winter, wouldn't consider spikeless as they don't feel secure to me if walking on wet banks and slopes.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've a pair of Under Armour Medal shoes from a couple of years back. I've played in all conditions in them and they've held up pretty well. Only time they've let anything in was when I've misjudged the depth of a puddle and flooded them.

Got the soft spikes as well so plenty of grip.

essexguy194

Visit site
Spikless FJ will be absolutely fin for grip in the wet.
Thanks that was what i was worried about, i really like the look of the SL, i just didnt want to buy them now then find i am slipping everywhere come winter time!

I've still got a pair of the original FJ SL's - they are my winter shoe and are still waterproof, unless the rain gets a little "biblical"
Just give them a really good polishing at the start of winter, and they're fine until spring. I think the mud protects them :)

Thanks I think i might bite the bullet and go for this, now Navy or Grey ? haha

essexguy194

Visit site

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive had a pair of Ecco Biom goretex for about 4 years now. So comfy (as they do wide fittings so the fit can be tailored better to suit you) and have only had an issue once, that was a round just before the latest heatwave, and I am still not convinced that it was a leak, but think the dew from the rough might have got in via my ankle/sock.

I know they are expensive, but can be bought at outlets much cheaper. I paid £130 for mine - absolute bargain even if they have given up the ghost now.

D

Deleted member 1147

Thanks that was what i was worried about, i really like the look of the SL, i just didnt want to buy them now then find i am slipping everywhere come winter time!

Thanks I think i might bite the bullet and go for this, now Navy or Grey ? haha
Mine are black - doesn't show the dirt off as much

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm another Ecco (Goretex) fan.
No longer prepared to go out in 'all weathers' but was happy to do so with them (Softspikes as Softspike only course) in the past.
I have several (too many - even leather soled (dry weather only) ones!) pairs so can 'rest' them if needed.
Footjoys have been been ok in the past, but haven't lasted as long as I expected they should. Though their spikeless (Professional) ones work great too.