Beware the injured golfer

bradleywedge

Visit site
Pulled a muscle in my left side the other night swinging my driver too hard on the range, had to give up the remaining balls it was so bad, been deep heating and ibuprofening it ever since. Coupled with that my second covid jab in the same side yesterday, safe to say it will be 3/4 and 1/2 swings today if I get round!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pulled a muscle in my left side the other night swinging my driver too hard on the range, had to give up the remaining balls it was so bad, been deep heating and ibuprofening it ever since. Coupled with that my second covid jab in the same side yesterday, safe to say it will be 3/4 and 1/2 swings today if I get round!

When you say the left hand side, is it the muscle group under your shoulder blade or round the front by your ribcage? If it's the rear I suspect it's your latissimus Dorsi in your back as it is the largest muscle group in your back and hence why it's called the V muscle. It controls movement in your shoulders.

Does the pain worsen if you extend your arm? Watch out for difficulty in breathing or abdominal pain which is a sign of a more significant injury.

Did you warm up beforehand, if at all. Do you have a history of back pain/hip problems?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ice for the first two days mate. Heat or cold after that

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I hit balls in a lesson on Tuesday, played Wednesday, did work in the garden Thursday, played Friday and dug the garden yesterday - everything hurts!