Best Ping Irons Ever (apart from the ping eye 2)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Have you ever actually used any Ping golf clubs. if mizuno were any good, more players would use them on tour. the only player who i can think of who uses mizuno irons is Luke Donald and he's not exactly a world beater now is he?

Er..Wrong! :rolleyes:

Tour use comes down to who pays most!

World #1 Ladies is on their list and quite a few from Euro Tour, including Wood, Rock Garrido, Suneson.

Don't make the mistake of judging the quality of Clubs by the player who uses them!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
T
Er..Wrong! :rolleyes:

Tour use comes down to who pays most!

World #1 Ladies is on their list and quite a few from Euro Tour, including Wood, Rock Garrido, Suneson.

Don't make the mistake of judging the quality of Clubs by the player who uses them!

Indeed, if it was about quality, Tiger and Rory wouldn't be using Nike.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
OK, so you copied something from a webiste, but what does it actually mean?

how am i supposed to know. I didnt write the review.

Just reading to the end of the paragraph gives the full explanation:

"The revolutionary Notched Hosel, which is not visible at address, allows for a better connection between the shaft and the club head. The result is an optically pleasing, smooth transition between the hosel and clubhead that can be precisely calibrated for loft and lie."

As already mentioned, it's to allow easier adjustment of the head for fitting purposes. :)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just reading to the end of the paragraph gives the full explanation:

"The revolutionary Notched Hosel, which is not visible at address, allows for a better connection between the shaft and the club head. The result is an optically pleasing, smooth transition between the hosel and clubhead that can be precisely calibrated for loft and lie."

As already mentioned, it's to allow easier adjustment of the head for fitting purposes. :)

It's the bold bit that makes no sense

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
T

Indeed, if it was about quality, Tiger and Rory wouldn't be using Nike.

How come? And how would you (or I) know! :confused:

From what I understand, Tiger has been using clubs made by the same Clubmaker his entire career (Mizuno, Titleist, Nike), though there are some carefully/ambiguosly worded 'denials'.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How come? And how would you (or I) know! :confused:

From what I understand, Tiger has been using clubs made by the same Clubmaker his entire career (Mizuno, Titleist, Nike), though there are some carefully/ambiguosly worded 'denials'.

Not saying they are bad clubs, but both Tiger (unless you believe the rumours you speak of) and Rory got to the top of their games with Titleist bats so why change unless it was for money?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not saying they are bad clubs, but both Tiger (unless you believe the rumours you speak of) and Rory got to the top of their games with Titleist bats so why change unless it was for money?

While Rory had been Titleist forever, apparently, Tiger was only associated with Titleist from '96, and didn't actually use their irons in tournaments until 98! The clubs had very little to do with it - and that transaction was all about money too!

Still, that's getting rather 'off topic'! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think people look far too much into what the likes of Rory and tiger play as nobody can strike a ball as they do on a consistent basis, or we would be discussing them too! Most major club makers make fine clubs and Ping is certainly one and from my course experience it is by far the most popular make of irons I see. Back on topic I think G2's were excellent at the time and have not been changed much to today's offerings. And I would take the ugly bird that performs over the boring beauty everytime:thup:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I recently acquired a set of G5 irons. I'd hit a mate's G20s at the range and been impressed by how easy they were to get out there (and up there). Being a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to golf equipment, I did a bit of research and decided that G5s would probably be just as good and picked some up off the bay for £90.

I have been REALLY impressed by them in the 6 weeks since I've had them. Nice long, high, predictable flight. Perhaps the lack of the most recent 'hot face' technology makes the strike more predictable, even if the distance is not so freakish.

The most surprising thing to me is that even though they are enormous, with about 6 inches of offset, I have chipped around the green with them as well as with any other more bladey clubs I've used in the past. They are also not packed with multicoloured bits and bobs in the cavity, looking quite discreet in grey/blue.

One of the comparison vids I used when poking about is here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2NBMnszhxk , but there were a couple of others about as well.

Just turned 50 last year, so obviously it was an accident waiting to happen.