Best Ping Irons Ever (apart from the ping eye 2)

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
I am currently playing Ping i3 o-size and I absolutely love them. But what do you think are the best irons ping ever made apart from the eye 2?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a set of i25's in our pro-shop which keep calling out to me, if e bay sells my surplus clubs I may just have to have them. I have never owned Ping irons before so I guess they would be the best imo.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Depends what you are looking for in an iron.
I think you'd struggle to find a bad set of Ping irons.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ping clubs remind me of a girl I used to know. I wouldn't be seen out with her but I knew she would always perform well ;)

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The i3 introduced the notched hosel which is now standard on all ping clubs

What is the purpose of this notch, I guessed it is an engineered 'weak' point to ensure a consistant place for the blade to hinge about when adjusting lie, or it could be just 'cause they think it looks good.

Anyone know for sure?

Simon

chrisg

Head Pro
Visit site
The i3 have to be one of Ping's best irons ever. They were revolutionary.

and someone is currently selling a bargain priced set in great condition;)

I've just taken delivery today of some new mizunos, but I was torn between those and some G25's which I don't think are ugly at all

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The i20's I currently have been my first set of Ping's, and they have been great. Time moves on though and I feel a change this winter, so these are going to be sold now. Will be sad to see them go ...

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just bought a set of i15's was in AG saw them 2nd hand great cont new ping grips, £105, couldn't walk past at that price, getting their 1st outing on Saturday.....hope they like the wind & rain.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The i20's I currently have been my first set of Ping's, and they have been great. Time moves on though and I feel a change this winter, so these are going to be sold now. Will be sad to see them go ...

I've hit the i20's a few times, and love 'em. Tried the i25's and they pretty much went the same but they didn't do owt for me. Been fighting the urge for ages of the Evil-bay, but seeing as the entertainments prevention officer has said yes...