Best Ping Irons Ever (apart from the ping eye 2)

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've hit the i20's a few times, and love 'em. Tried the i25's and they pretty much went the same but they didn't do owt for me. Been fighting the urge for ages of the Evil-bay, but seeing as the entertainments prevention officer has said yes...
I couldn't see anything different with the i25's, ebay is an evil ... as a seller you get whacked for huge fess, as a buyer I still worry about fake stuff.
Will get some pic s done of mine this ASAP, need to sell quick so I can move on to newer things ;)

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is the purpose of this notch, I guessed it is an engineered 'weak' point to ensure a consistant place for the blade to hinge about when adjusting lie, or it could be just 'cause they think it looks good.

Anyone know for sure?

Simon

Yep

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is the purpose of this notch, I guessed it is an engineered 'weak' point to ensure a consistant place for the blade to hinge about when adjusting lie, or it could be just 'cause they think it looks good.

Anyone know for sure?

Simon

You are 100% correct, just makes them easier to adjust and is invisible at address. For my money the G2 irons were a breakthrough club that paved the way for following G series clubs that are damned effective.
The i3 were a breakthrough as well as they were the first irons to have the custom tuning port weight behind the sweet spot which makes it much easier to achieve a constant swingweight through the set. It also puts the weight where you want it, behind the ball, rather than using tip weights in the shaft.

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I also recommend the ISI in BeCu. Stunning colour and good performance.

A useless piece of info but I bought the 2nd last set of ISI BeCu irons that were ever made according to the serial numbers and the prat who used to work in our pro shop. They were superb irons and I only got rid of them a couple of years ago when I needed to raise quick funds for a trip to Thailand. Really wish i'd never sold them as they are the best clubs i've ever had, even now with all the latest technology they were brilliant for me.

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
None..Clunky, chunky bits of cobbled together metal..Mizuno all the way for me..:)

Have you ever actually used any Ping golf clubs. if mizuno were any good, more players would use them on tour. the only player who i can think of who uses mizuno irons is Luke Donald and he's not exactly a world beater now is he?

Last edited:

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site

Anyone know for sure?

Simon

I think it allows more connection between the shaft and the clubhead.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I always thought the notch in the hozel was there as a design feature to make the clubs look even uglier, if that's possible.