Ping Eye 2 Irons FS

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My stepdad is selling his Ping Eye 2 irons on FB Marketplace & I said I would add them here as well just in case someone is interested in them. He (eventually after some convincing) went to a newer set of Pings with senior shafts - these are regular shafts.
Early 80's model, 1iron to lob wedge.
Matching serial numbers.
In immaculate condition.
He is asking for £225 but would certainly consider sensible options.
Farnham area.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would suggest he would do very well to get that for them, unless they all have new shafts, grips, and the heads refinished.
As good as they were in their day, that time has passed.
I sold an immaculate set for £80 a couple of years ago.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To be honest BM, I thought the same but he asked me to stick them to see if anything comes up, even if it's at a lower cost. I will say that he has looked after them though

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest BM, I thought the same but he asked me to stick them to see if anything comes up, even if it's at a lower cost. I will say that he has looked after them though
He might well have looked after them, but the shafts will rust slowly from the inside out, so unless the shafts are new thats a hefty price to pay. IN my opinion of course:)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A twelve iron set, 1 to LW is a rare find, just leaves room for a wood and a putter in the bag. I wish him luck but think he'll fall some way short of the asking price.
eBay would be a much better selling place as it'll be seen by many more people and word might spread among the Ping collectors.

And if he's played and enjoyed them for that long, I can't help but feel that he'll regret letting them go.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Keep them.

They are a set that WILL go up in value, I reckon.
As Crow said, the rarity of a 12-club set adds a fair bit of value, but nowhere near £200 at the moment. Fewer people coughing up the big prices right now.

I would keep them and look out for a Ping Eye2 Driver to put with them to add more value.
Think again in about 10 years time.
They are special, but you will struggle to get a good price right now.