Best Handicap you never had

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Since the WHS started handicaps from scratch in 2018 what was the lowest Index you were issued but never played off.

My CONGU handicap was between 11 and 12 for most of the 2018-2020. First Handicap Index showing in Feb 2018 4.1?.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played to decent single figures - 4 at Wimbledon Common but the course was short in length and a course where accuracy was a premium off the tee to make a score. As soon as I went away, the handicap never travelled and would usually equate to 8-9. Of course I was (and still am) proud of where it got to but now I'm older I can see that any course where you can potentially drive three or four of the par fours in summer and none of the par 4's were out of reach in two made it easier to manufacture a score

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The lowest on mine shows as H.I. of 4.9 which gives a Course Handicap of 6. I was 9 at the time.

It only took 8 scores to get to a fairly true H.I at the time

(lowest I have been under CONGU was 5.4)

D

Deleted member 1147

0.2 is the best on my record.
current actual is 2.5

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
3.4 for a week back in the late 90s - lowest since restart after a long break 4.3. 2021 is going to be a golf season and some graft to relive the past.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since I've only had a handicap for four years mine has only ever been moving downwards (slowly). That said, the lowest index on my record in England Golf says 14.0 - in August & September of this year. That was after getting five of my 'best eight' all in a row, but then the only round I had after that was a poor one, hence why my index is now 14.6. Another one of my best eight is at slot number 20 unfortunately, so my first comp after lockdown, being most likely in mid-December, means my index will definitely go up again.

Doodle

Visit site
My lowest was 9.5
I really wanted to get to a single figure H/C & was only 0.1 away.
Since then I have bounced between 10 / 11
It's a true reflection of my ability as I play around 25 / 30 qualifiers a year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My lowest was 9.5
I really wanted to get to a single figure H/C & was only 0.1 away.
Since then I have bounced between 10 / 11
It's a true reflection of my ability as I play around 25 / 30 qualifiers a year.
Same here lowest HI was 9.5, but play 10 qualifiers due to family commitments... I gave up playing Thursday night competitions as I was just not in the right mindset for some reason. Final HI is 10, apparently..
My lowest ever handicap 3.2 - 30yrs ago. I left Ellesborough on 5.1 7 yrs ago ..

Last edited: