Best courses in Hereford?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I will be moving to Hereford soon and have driven past:
Herefordshire GC
Burghill GC +
Leominster GC
Is anyone a member at any of these or any other GC's in Herefordshire? Or maybe played at them and would recommend or advise to avoid?
Any advice welcome

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Herefordshire would my first choice , also do a fantastic carvery on Sundays. Then Burghill, set in old cider orchards . Leominster is on the side of a hill and you go up it twice and can be wet in winter.
Some mates of mine who are the Welsh side of Hereford are members at Celtic Manor as can be a nightmare getting across Hereford at busy times .

GolfingPastor

Visit site
The Herefordshire would my first choice , also do a fantastic carvery on Sundays. Then Burghill, set in old cider orchards . Leominster is on the side of a hill and you go up it twice and can be wet in winter.
Some mates of mine who are the Welsh side of Hereford are members at Celtic Manor as can be a nightmare getting across Hereford at busy times .

Celtic Manor would be an hour + from where we will be so too far, but thanks for the heads up on the others. Herefordshire and Burghill will both be within 15 mins.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Wow Celtic is a long way away...those listed better and nearer - additional obseravtions

I played a Society day at Sapey a while back. was good fun, got driven there, no idea where it exactly, bit like Brigadoon! Bet I couldnt find it again! 20 miles from Hereford apparently. Anyone got recent knowledge of it?

I like Ross on Wye, might be a bit of a run, also Rolls of Monmouth is 20 miles awa, depending on where you'll be living..

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can barely remember playing Kington many, many years ago. All I can recall is that there were lots of sheep and that it is the highest golf course in the country.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Herefordshire is the better course and members friendly. Rolls of Monmouth is very wet in winter.
Kington is a great place to play golf but may be a jaunt depending on where you will be living.
Sapey is a good way from Hereford too. it almost went out of business last year but was bought at the last minute.

NearHull

Visit site
The toughest course in Hereford has to be the one “them” undergo.

Had to be said - but doesn’t help the op.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I’ve heard that Burghill is flat and therefore very popular with the retired golfers in Hereford so busy most of the time.

The Herefordshire have offered a free trial round so gonna give that a go first and go from there

Leominster pro seems a nice guy and suggested giving it a 3 month £120 trial which could be an option

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
A few more for you.
South Herefordshire - 18 holes from £10 (twilight). Steep in places.
Hereford Leisure Centre - 9 holes on the racecourse. Flattish. Cost about £8 any time.
The Grove - adjacent to Leominster GC. 18 holes for about £12-£15. Good back 9 with wide views.
Bodenham - a few miles north of Hereford. 9 holes cost £8. Cafe.