Best course in your county?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't forget the holes that were close/moved about. You'd think the amount of money they spent the drainage would be better.

Oh yes, forgot
Think played close house colt 1st week April
New course, few years old, couple thousand per year fees, or £110 green fee
They had 2 holes shortened, and 1 hole closed......!!

Poor drainage, which for a new course is quite criminal, especially the type of money available and spent up there....

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh yes, forgot
Think played close house colt 1st week April
New course, few years old, couple thousand per year fees, or £110 green fee
They had 2 holes shortened, and 1 hole closed......!!

Poor drainage, which for a new course is quite criminal, especially the type of money available and spent up there....

Maybe Graham is watching the pennies?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Northumberland is really lacking compared to other counties.

I'd have to say Goswick or Slayley but only because nothing really challenges them.

Think you're spot on there mate
The county of northumberland defenitely lacks in quality
Couple of stand outs
The rest are very much all on same type of level

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't believe there's not more shouts for lindrick. We played moor town 2 -3 months ago, in my humble , unknowledgable opinion, not in the same league as lindrick.
TBH first time I played it, wasn't overly impressed but it does grow on you, great from back tees. Loved Lindrick though greens were like glass the last time we played it

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont feel experienced enough to make a proper judgment on Northumberland/Durham.

Although with Close House new course being £100 a game for visitors I fail to see how it CANNOT be the best course in that County.

Certainly not Goswick,played it a few times (and very well once) theres no doubting its a top course,but the best? NO CHANCE.
Rockcliffe a nice track. Beast from the blacks

D

Deleted member 1418

A fair few to choose from in Hertfordshire - The Grove, Brocket Hall Palmerston, West Herts, The Shire, Ashridge, Berkhamstead, Moor Park and The Centurion.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Parkstone , best condition course in Dorset , Greens are 2nd to none , come down and see for yourself , Golf monthly were down on friday just gone to review it , so watch this space ...................EYG

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you played it before? I've heard there quite a change with a lot of trees removed. I really liked it but haven't played it for a good few years. They have a 36 hole open on Sunday but it clashes with a comp at mine or I'd have played it.

No it's the 1st time I've played it so couldn't comment on the trees.

It was in lovely condition especially around the greens,there wasn't much rough really just relied on the trees as the main punishment on wayward shots. This made a nice change from my club which decides to use both!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No it's the 1st time I've played it so couldn't comment on the trees.

It was in lovely condition especially around the greens,there wasn't much rough really just relied on the trees as the main punishment on wayward shots. This made a nice change from my club which decides to use both!

Where do you normally play?