Benross

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've used Benross Hot Speed 2 Driver and Fairways and still have the 5 wood in my bag. All three cost me less than £100 and I have to say they are excellent clubs. I swapped the driver for a Callaway XR which I found to be a little more forgiving but my experience has been nothing but positive.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Earlier this year I picked up a Benross hybrid second hand in AG for £40. It has a Kuro Kage shaft, which I was led to believe is a pretty good one that's also used by some of the 'big brands' such as TaylorMade. I couldn't hit the blooming thing, but that's more on me than the club I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 18121

I've got the HTX Compressor Type R 3 and 4 hybrids.....honestly they're as average as average can be, but for less than £50 each brand I cant really complain.

Would I buy them again.....probably not.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
After a few years off I have just bought a load of new and 2nd hand Benross, not used them yet but the irons have KBS shafts, good grips and the quality looks very good. The driver is yet to arrive but the hybrids look of the same quality.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Haven't hit a Benross for a few years but perfectly functional clubs. Not the prettiest, which is perhaps a bit rich as a Ping user but perfectly functional clubs and a company that goes under a lot of radar.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Just joined a new club today and the pro shop has a decent amount of Benross kit and clothing so I guess I'll be stocking up

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re Benross, has anyone ventured as far as the Tribe putters? Are they as good quality as the irons and woods?

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Re Benross, has anyone ventured as far as the Tribe putters? Are they as good quality as the irons and woods?

Yes. I've got 2! Originally bought the MDJ2, 'fang' style putter to put against the Odyssey #7 I was using at the time and within 27 holes it had replaced it for good and the odyssey gone on eBay. Recently I decided I wanted to try out a more traditional blade style putter and as i love the feel of the 2, managed to find an MDJ4 at a really good price. So far, so good, but i've kept the 2 for the time being!

They've both got a lovely balanced feel to them, I love the lamkin grip on them and one or the the other will be in my bag for a long time!

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Yes, and after a little warm up I was actually hitting it really nice, moved the weight a little and was getting the drives out to 260-270 total. So have kept it as it is.

Such a quality driver for the price.

Mine didn't help me today, had an absolute nightmare lol