Belek golf and hotel advice

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good evening everyone I am
sorry to ask as I bet it’s already been done to death but can anyone recommend a good hotel for me and the missus in Belek for June next year?

we are looking for a good quality hotel and also to play about 5 rounds of golf.

been advised of few hotels (voyage, regnum , Sueno deluxe) and was hoping someone who has stayed there could give some advice?

I would also like to know what are the best courses to play and finally who would you recommend booking it all with?

sorry for the long post but I know you guys won’t let me down and help me narrow down my search !

cheers in advance

Matt x

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been to Belek a few times now. Best resort I have stayed in was the Gloria Golf. It has 2 x 18 (old and new) and a 9 (verde) courses.
Voyage is good as well and is right next door (literally) to the Maxx Royal.
Book golf through Bilyana would be my tip, their transfers are spot on.
Very sad I can't play any more as this year the weather was pure golfing weather.
Course wise, I have played Montgomerie, Sueno Pines, Faldo at Cornelia, The National (Tuna and Ada), Gloria Old and New, Pasha, PGA Sultan and Titanic.

Almost all are very enjoyable. Montgomerie and The Sultan stood out as very good whilst I wouldn't rush back to play either The National or Titanic. Both seemed a bit bland and samey. 9th and 18th on Sueno Pines are stand outs as both are island greens right in front of the hotel/clubhouse.

Hope that helps.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to the Voyage about 3 or 4 years ago.
Without a shadow of doubt, the best "all inclusive" hotel I have ever been to.
Fantastic.

I thought that too until we went to Gloria Golf. Their all inclusive "concept" blew Voyage out of the water. Better selection of bars and eateries as well.

That said we have just booked the Voyage for next year as the Gloria was too pricey this time round.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another thumbs up for Bilyana, they have been our agent of choice for the last 9 years at Belek. We have used the Cornelia de Luxe and can see no reason to change. The hotel is top class. The Faldo course belongs to the hotel so we play it twice and rotate all the other courses. We are booked again for next April.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been to Belek a few times now. Best resort I have stayed in was the Gloria Golf. It has 2 x 18 (old and new) and a 9 (verde) courses.
Voyage is good as well and is right next door (literally) to the Maxx Royal.
Book golf through Bilyana would be my tip, their transfers are spot on.
Very sad I can't play any more as this year the weather was pure golfing weather.
Course wise, I have played Montgomerie, Sueno Pines, Faldo at Cornelia, The National (Tuna and Ada), Gloria Old and New, Pasha, PGA Sultan and Titanic.

Hope that helps.

We are booked into Gloria next May for our club away trip, 32 of us going so should be fun. I havn't been to Turkey before but the Gloria complex does look really good, others have been before and say its fantastic.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been a few times and have stayed at the following in March/April Sirene (good), Sentido Zeynep (dead & average AI concept), Voyage (very good with adult only areas) & Sueno Deluxe in June (brilliant hotel, probably the best I've stayed in anywhere in the world but quite family orientated, you could stay at the Sueno Golf for cheaper which would be more adult orientated but a shuttle will take you to the Deluxe if you want to use their facilities). I'd say most will be more family orientated around that time so would choose carefully if you don't want to be surrounded by kids.

The courses we have played from best to worst:
Carya (can be played at night time under floodlights)
Lykia Links (about 1/2 out of Belek but a lovely links type course)
Sultan (gets busy so book early)
Montgomerie (AI on course & afterwards as well)
Pascha (little brother of the Sultan, good fun course, also gets busy)
National (good layout but tough & can get stupidly busy, took us 3.5 hours for 9 one time we played)
Suneo Pines (nice course but I found it a bit samey)
Faldo (rubbish service, lots of tight dogleg holes & the camber of the fairways kicks your ball into the trees, all 4 of us hated it)

I've used Bilyana golf the last couple of times & they have been great, they also do golf only if you want to book the hotel separately (but tell them which hotel you have booked as some have affiliated golf courses where you would get discount. I'd also suggest teeing off early as it gets hot, I went 1st week of June & it peaked at 34 degrees.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Myself and 15 others from my club have been to the Voyage for the last two years all inclusive.

Have to say the hotel and facilities are excellent.

Last year we played the Montgomerie (twice), The National, The Sultan and The Pasha. This year we played the Montgomerie, Lykia Links, National, Nobilis and Carya.

Whilst none of the courses were bad I particularly enjoyed...

The Pasha...a short but interesting course that makes you think and plot your way around.

The National...a beautifully manicured course laid out among pine forests....you could almost be back in Englands green and pleasant land....thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lykia Links....got thoroughly beat up by this course but enjoyed the experience....we played it off the blue tees (which are shorter than the golds) after studying the yardage book (6460yds rather than the Gold at over 6900 yards) deciding that for a mixed ability group (7 - 28 h'cap) this would still be long enough to provide a decent test for the better golfers whilst still being playable for the higher handicappers. Another society played it off the golds and from discussions in the bar afterwards it seemed we made the right decision.

The Montgomerie, Sultan, Nobilis and Carya are all decent courses but there was little that made me think that I'd want to play them again before I'd had a chance to experience other, as yet unplayed, courses....the facilities at the Carya are amazing but I felt the course was not worth the hype that came with hosting the Turkish Open.

The Nobilis is German owned and to be frank there were certain members of staff who were downright rude and obnoxious when they discovered we were not German, the starter and one of the bar staff in particular. Decent course with some great holes but I wouldn't go back in a hurry. One year (this happened before I started going with the group) a group of Germans turned up "on-spec" wanting to play and the Course Manager bumped our group's tee time back an hour so they could let this group play in our slots.

At the Montgomerie you are effectively treated as a "club member" for the day and post round beer and food is free of charge.

All in all though...the general hotel facilities are excellent (although I've only been to the Voyage I'd hazard a guess that other golf oriented hotel facilities are all pretty much of a decent standard) and the golf is generally excellent. Amazing value for money in general and highly recommended.

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sod the golf.
The belly dancers at the Voyage were absolutely stunning. One of them in particular. Phew!!
:eek:

In our early Belek days - around 10 years ago - we stayed at the Papillon Zeugma and there was a belly dancer on one of the nights. I have a load of incriminating photos of a few of our group performing with her. I don't do blackmail but I don't pay for drinks when we meet up.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As Ive still to play abroad yet, unless you count Scotland & Wales 😳. What kind of prices are these trips, I note none of the replies mention any, and what do you get 🤔

D

Deleted member 16999

As Ive still to play abroad yet, unless you count Scotland & Wales 😳. What kind of prices are these trips, I note none of the replies mention any, and what do you get 🤔
24 from our place went in May for 7 nights this year, stayed at the Voyager, all inclusive, 5 rounds of Golf on top courses, £1100.00, flights, transfers everything, the only thing they had to pay for was buggies (if required)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I agree!!! Last year they had one of our lads up dancing with them....he destroyed them with his "reverse masturbator" dance move!!!

The particular one I'm thinking about was absolutely gorgeous. Drop dead gorgeous. Only young, about 19 and a superb figure.
I reckon I'd have stood a chance if her eyesight had been ropey, and she'd had low standards.....

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

We are staying seven nights at the Gloria Complex next May, all inclusive and our cost inc flights, transfers, 6 rounds of golf, prize fund etc is somewhere around £1250 ish.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
24 from our place went in May for 7 nights this year, stayed at the Voyager, all inclusive, 5 rounds of Golf on top courses, £1100.00, flights, transfers everything, the only thing they had to pay for was buggies (if required)

We went in May and stayed at the Voyage as well....paid a similar price.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Have been to Belek several times, and our favourite hotel was always the Xanadu. However, last time we went it had gone downhill and was no longer anything special. On the taxi ride back to the airport we mentioned this and the driver (who I can't see had any axe to grind) told us that the best three hotels are without doubt the Carya Regnum, Maxx Royal and Gloria Serenity.

Note that there are at least two (maybe three?) Gloria hotels, and it's the Serenity that is recommended.