Beginner at the range - what should I be doing?

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
5, 7, 9 and PW for me. Might hit a few drives at the end to lower my confidence again! ;-)

Hah. As much as I love the sound of a driver being used I don't think I'll be trying that just yet. Maybe I'll give myself a couple of weeks ...

Go on, go on, go on.

You know you want to. :)

Seriously

If you don't make a few swings with a long horrible club now, while you are shaping your swing, you'll end up with a nice iron swing, but you wont be able to hit the big dog for toffee.

I'm not saying do too much with it, but just get the feel of how different it is to swing than a 6I. Then if you hit a few 3W or 5W shots, those clubs will feel easier in comparison with the driver, rather than harder compared with a 6I.

Trust me, I'm rubbish with a driver and I honestly put it down to not practising enough with one as a beginner.

And do what Bob says. Make sure you end up with a nice balanced finish. He does speak sense ( sometimes at least ) unlike me. :cool:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
bloke at the range the other week said use the range to work on swing nothing more and always finish on a good shot even if it means using an old ball out of your bag!! For this reason if I find any crappy balls on the course I now keep them for this purpose. Sounds daft but better to leave having flushed a 9 iron or something than slicing your driver