Banned

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
With all these super fast and considerate players on the forum I can't quite figure out why every forum meet seems to take at least 4.5 hours (and more in some cases). Baffling really.....

none of the meets ive been to took over 4 and a half hours... must just be down there;)

even back tee's around Blairgowrie V's HDIDO was under 4

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Very odd. Because it was 4.5hrs at West Lancs when the Scottish contingent came down to play.

which Scottish contingent was that then?

even was it 3 Scots holding it up then?:rofl::rofl:

Even Craws meets at Mach doons didn't take 4 hours and there is a serious amount of walking between greens and tee's

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
which Scottish contingent was that then?

West Lancs that was under water and needed 3 mile detours round the puddles. Plus I spent 90% of the round ensuring I was never in Stuart C's shanking line after he tried to kill me early doors.

Weather Lancs goes down as the worst welcome I've ever experienced in golf.

Hopefully Gavin has changed that as he was great at The Carrick.

D

Deleted Member 1156

none of the meets ive been to took over 4 and a half hours... must just be down there;)

even back tee's around Blairgowrie V's HDIDO was under 4

It was a long slow round on the Bracken for the Woodhall meet a few years ago and I was behind you :whistle:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
West Lancs that was under water and needed 3 mile detours round the puddles. Plus I spent 90% of the round ensuring I was never in Stuart C's shanking line after he tried to kill me early doors.

Played it a few times since and it's a lot better. It went from being the worst "top" course I'd played, to top 3. Love the place now. Still beats me up though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There does appear to be a bit of a England/Scotland divide here. May be rose tinted specs but I am sure that all of the rounds for the England V Scotland matches were pretty quick (except the last couple of holes with the famous 8 ball). That may have been the course or the format though. Most of the other rounds I have been on have been over 4.5 hours. First ever GM organised meet was at the Belfry and the Brabazon round was over 5 hours. Part of that I will have to put down to GM as there was no handicap restrictions on entering (think there should have been for the Brabazon at the time) and there was no way I should have been playing that course off a 27 handicap that I did not often play to (and I was not even the worst in my 4 ball let alone the whole group) Had very slow rounds at Help for Heroes days, Old Farts v Whippersnappers and quite a few others. Not sure that everyone practices what they preach because I am pretty certain that I have very rarely been to a forum event where people are getting around in 3.5 hours or so.

D

Deleted member 1418

Most Forum meets I've been to that are played in 4balls have taken around 4.5 hours, especially when there's been a lot us like H4H. But for me the pace of play on these occasions is irrelevant - it's more about the day itself that counts, and then enjoying playing with and getting to know different people, and playing a top quality golf course.

But back at my own club, if I'm in a 2 ball we're usually round in about 2.5 hours, a 3 ball between 3 and 3.5 hours, and a 4 ball between 3.5 - 4 hours.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most Forum meets I've been to that are played in 4balls have taken around 4.5 hours, especially when there's been a lot us like H4H. But for me the pace of play on these occasions is irrelevant - it's more about the day itself that counts, and then enjoying playing with and getting to know different people, and playing a top quality golf course.

But back at my own club, if I'm in a 2 ball we're usually round in about 2.5 hours, a 3 ball between 3 and 3.5 hours, and a 4 ball between 3.5 - 4 hours.

HFH is a great case in point. It’s because a load of choppers rock up, have never seen heather before and are desperate to win a major 🤣 any field full of four balls is gonna be slow.. especially if some have a ‘golfing obsession’ 🤣🤣

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

My last experience of West Lancs was night and day from that one, add to that it's a great track and miles better than what we experienced.