Banned

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd ban...

1. Smoking at all times on the course.
2. Allowing people to adjust their ball more than once on the green to line up their little line. Let's just ban the use of a line.
3. People who lose the plot when they don't hit a wedge shot inside 6 feet.
4. People who still believe having male only clubs is acceptable.
5. Parking spaces for committee members.
6. Greens contour maps for the best players in the world.
7. People taking more than 30 seconds for any shot.
8. People who don't like juniors or seniors.
9. Bandits.
10. Cheats
etc. etc.

Well, that's me out of the game then ...................... for more than one reason!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Par threes over 200 yards.Two shots on a hole.

You’re not going to like our 15th & 17th 😳

West Lancs that was under water and needed 3 mile detours round the puddles. Plus I spent 90% of the round ensuring I was never in Stuart C's shanking line after he tried to kill me early doors.

Weather Lancs goes down as the worst welcome I've ever experienced in

Awful hospitality from the club before & after that day.

Played it a few times since and it's a lot better. It went from being the worst "top" course I'd played, to top 3. Love the place now. Still beats me up though.

I need to get back up there then as I only have the memory of that day, which wasn’t great, although I played the front 9 very well, in between pishing myself watching Craw duck & dive 😜

How could I forget?? Oh that's right, it was minus 15 and I was wearing a T Shirt!!!! Never been as cold in my life 😂

I’m shivering just rethinking about it, cost me speeding ticket as well that day 😡

Have fun, meet new people, stay over, get pissed, find a revolving dancefloor, dance like you're a teenager again and stare at the barmaids whilst eulogising about your youthful self. That's about it really.

Is there a Trophy for getting pished the most before meets 🤔 if so.......,

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
And as a 4 ball it would have taken you?

That’s what I was thinking. Surely an extra player would easily add 30 minutes over 18 holes. I understand the gripe with 5 hour rounds etc. But if people want to start grizzling about 4 hour rounds for 4 balls in a comp then they may as well take up darts.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well I must be extremely stupid as last weekend my MacWets were an absolute God send.

And for reason last Sunday in the rain, I drove the ball much better with a pair of MacWets on than I did when it stopped and I reverted back to a single cabretta glove 🤔

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
No, they get them free and are paid to endorse a glove.

The more intelligent ones do not wear one glove or even two.

Isn’t that a contradiction? Turning down free money to put on a glove doesn’t strike me as particularly intelligent.

I get that it’s not like you can’t play a round of golf without a glove. But I don’t think it’s linked to IQ.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Haven't personally come across them but apparently "golf bluetooth speakers" are a thing now.
Expect they will divide opinion across the golfing community.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Haven't personally come across them but apparently "golf bluetooth speakers" are a thing now.
Expect they will divide opinion across the golfing community.

I read some American forums and I’ve seen numerous reference to beer and music whilst playing.

I’m bad enough sober and silent.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trainspotting!

You need that as a sig’ (or whatever it’s called)

You’ve always spoke sense mate.. A York reunion is needed!:thup:

Roundabout stops included before going out and shooting 40 points 😂😂😂

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Talking about Banned, what happened to The Gabby Cabby :confused:

I’m sure you’ve been informed personally Sam so why ask openly, other than to stir things up in his ‘permanent’ absence, after all, you’ve been there yourself, so why risk rocking your own boat!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Talking about Banned, what happened to The Gabby Cabby :confused:

Good point, I just noticed that he was missing in action, shame really as he was a breath of fresh air.

What has happened to Cabby? Has he been binned permanently or just on another enforced vocation???

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good point, I just noticed that he was missing in action, shame really as he was a breath of fresh air.

What has happened to Cabby? Has he been binned permanently or just on another enforced vocation???

Is a shame not to see cabby on here. I thought he had some very valid opinions and was a bit of a craic to be fair.
Hopefully he will be back soon.