Banditry

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was accused of being a bandit once.
Joined my new club and won the first major of the season.
Everyone heard this guy say “ F…….g new members again winning everything all Bandits”
It was pointed out to him that I shot 72 gross playing off 4 .
He did come and apologise to me later.
If only I could shoot that now :cry:

Jason.H

Visit site
A guy i used to play with would sometimes nr
What was your handicap before the break? Dropping 11 shots in 7 months is mental, especially when you started at 16. You must have been a good player before the break.

In 2007/8 when I stopped playing my handicap was somewhere between 7 and 8 I can’t remember exactly. I sold all my golf gear and did other things. Bike time trials/road racing ect. Decided I didn’t like being in pain anymore so came back to golf. I have a midweek medal to dash too right now.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Maybe when I was off 6 or 7, could easily play below it but struggled sometimes with a card in my hand. Def was one in the bounce games outside my usual 4 ball who always played off bare feet despite them all being way lower handicaps by at least 4 shots. Not now though?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blue tee comp on Saturday Dave and going to be windy, get yourself up here for some torture..(y)

Stick in, bound to be better golf round the corner if the weather improves...

That’s all I need ?? I was wondering why the tee sheet is a bit empty… I’m out around 10 ??

How’s your game going mate?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I was accused of being a bandit once.
Joined my new club and won the first major of the season.
Everyone heard this guy say “ F…….g new members again winning everything all Bandits”
It was pointed out to him that I shot 72 gross playing off 4 .
He did come and apologise to me later.
If only I could shoot that now :cry:

Sounds vaguely familiar. I played in an Open, and shot 44pts in damp breezy conditions. Whilst going up to collect first prize there was several not too subtle mutterings of bandit. The club captain then announced that it was a fantastic score off 4. I too received apologies from several fellow competitors.

sunshine

Visit site
We've been calling my mate a bandit for a long time, as he's been playing off around 28 since God was a boy, yet to see him play you'd think he'd be nearer 22 or so. He's much more consistent than he used to be and often gets 40+ points in our casual rounds. The problem is when he does put cards in he still doesn't come down because our course has a stupidly low course & slope rating.

I started to feel like a bandit myself when I shot 76 at Stanmore for 45 points last month. But same issue for me. Need to break 80 every single week at my place to come down now. When I play anywhere else I feel like even a mediocre round gets me 36 points. But golf has a way of keeping you grounded. Usually when I start to feel my handicap is too high, I come crashing down to earth with an 89 the next week.

But Stanmore is a really easy course. Fairly short and virtually no rough. Some of my lowest rounds have been there. Very good chance to finish with a birdie, last time I walked off 18 with an eagle which is a fantastic way to end your round.

D

Deleted member 3432

That’s all I need ?? I was wondering why the tee sheet is a bit empty… I’m out around 10 ??

How’s your game going mate?

Game is low on confidence, need to give myself a kick up the arse.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
There was a few accusations of bandit against one of our team in the handicap team on Tuesday.

The player in question plays off 6 and had 6 birdies!. The guy he was playing was actually my missus'step dad and he was raging afterwards. I spoke to him the next day and he was saying he was just frustrated as he himself had played really well but just couldn't get near our guy.

Our guy is a big hitter but he can be very wayward, it was one of those nights where it just clicked for him and he apparently drove the par 4 1st, 3rd, 4th, 12th, 13th and 17th ?. He said afterwards in the bar that he almost felt a bit embarrassed because he was just stiffing everything.

I had to reassure the missus stepdad that it is a genuine handicap and if you look at his singles results on HDID he will invariable chuck a few doubles and triples in amongst the birdies. He said he had never seen a handicap golfer hit it as far and as consistently.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But Stanmore is a really easy course. Fairly short and virtually no rough. Some of my lowest rounds have been there. Very good chance to finish with a birdie, last time I walked off 18 with an eagle which is a fantastic way to end your round.
It's longer than my course and has a fair bit of elevation. Greens a bit easier though. Couple of years ago I had a mare and shot 96 there so was nice to better it by just the 20 shots. ? Not an easy tee shot on 18 though, bit tight with the trees. I parred it and was happy enough.

Mandofred

Visit site
I was asked to come to the course to play with a couple of guys in a pairs comp yesterday, they needed someone to score for them. Nice guys, played about like their handicaps showed....38pts. The swindle group I play with on Saturdays has gone a bit nuts on Whatsapp (golfers from our club not allowed to play), the guys who won seem to be serial winners or near winners.....they were wondering if they place that well all of the time, how could their handicaps not be lower.

D

Deleted member 25172

The Sunningdale forum meet in 2019. I was happy with playing so well at such a fantastic place, but felt almost physically sick cause I was playing waaaay better than what my handicap was. It was the first year back playing golf “seriously”, becoming a member at a golf club for the first time, and when it clicked it clicked.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The Sunningdale forum meet in 2019. I was happy with playing so well at such a fantastic place, but felt almost physically sick cause I was playing waaaay better than what my handicap was. It was the first year back playing golf “seriously”, becoming a member at a golf club for the first time, and when it clicked it clicked.

Just found out that the Swedish word for bandit is….. Bandit ??

Great couple of days that was indeed?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played in an away seniors match last year … pairs 4BB. I was off 28 and the other three players were all in the high teens. I parred the first and won the next two as well with net pars. I could see our two opponents looking at me and thinking “bandit”, so I told them that, before the round was over, they would see why I was a high handicapper … they didn’t have to wait long! ??. We lost with two to go. ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Playing off 22 at the time and shot 85 gross (personal best) at an away course as part of a French society day (that I wasn’t a member of & only knew the person that invited me) The only shot I can remember from the whole round was a duffed putt from off the green on 9th (one of those that ends up back at your feet!)

So I doubt I was popular winning lowest nett that day (luckily it was just a green fee voucher) Took me almost 4 years to shoot another 85 (2 years ago) and just shot 84 three months ago