Ban for Justin Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting and illuminating thread.

Amazing the reaction a gay golf fan can get for saying she thinks less of a golfer.. for any reason
With the greatest of respect if u had said just that, i dont think u would have recieved any disagreement at all ..

Have u ever heard or heard of JT been insulting to LGBT or anyone else previously ?
I could be wrong but most of stuff i see is charity work and work with kids .

Does this excuse his remark ?? Most Definitly not, but ya know people make mistakes ..

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Why do you want to justify this by using false equivalence? it either shows a lack of understanding or lack of caring imo
You can see it as such if you wish. Humans make outbursts. Have done since forever. They aren’t always said with intent. And without intent I don’t believe there should be harsh repercussions.

D

Deleted member 15344

Does anyone actually think it’s ok to use this in any context?

Unless I have missed something I don’t think anyone sees it as ok to use the word that in some context is used as a homophobic slur

I think 99.9% will see it as wrong ( there is always one ) and it’s not something we want to hear from any sports star

I believe that it’s not something that should be judged to have any meaning more than him crossing a line for a split second and something he regrets as opposed to him has prejudiced views and being a homophobe

There always needs to be balance imo

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
How many times did Del call Rodney a tart??
And every time he did, we laughed
I'm just glad in a way that I haven't got too many years left.
The whole world has gone stark raving, pc correct effing mad

Was just watching the episode where they do the gold chains.
Delboy worried about sitting next to Boycie in the restaurant because they will get “funny” looks. So many programmes of the time had moments which wouldn’t be allowed nowadays.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was just watching the episode where they do the gold chains.
Delboy worried about sitting next to Boycie in the restaurant because they will get “funny” looks. So many programmes of the time had moments which wouldn’t be allowed nowadays.
There's one where del thinks he's got HIV because a gay guy cut his hair ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
There's one where del thinks he's got HIV because a gay guy cut his hair ?

Is it when Albert is in court and Del says he is referred to as the Jimmy Saville of their community

Edited for clarity to say that I do not think this would be acceptable in this day.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting and illuminating thread.

Amazing the reaction a gay golf fan can get for saying she thinks less of a golfer who used a homophobic slur.

Special shout out to the guy moaning about people being offended on behalf of others and then thinking he can speak on behalf of the LGBT community 'cos he has a couple of gay pals. :ROFLMAO:
Kaz... it's unbelievable how easily they've exposed themselves. Mind you we've seen many of them do it on so many other subjects...... Perhaps it's 'cos there are no Clubhouses open for them to rant in.... Pheeew!!

D

Deleted member 1147

Unless I have missed something I don’t think anyone sees it as ok to use the word that in some context is used as a homophobic slur

I think 99.9% will see it as wrong ( there is always one ) and it’s not something we want to hear from any sports star

I believe that it’s not something that should be judged to have any meaning more than him crossing a line for a split second and something he regrets as opposed to him has prejudiced views and being a homophobe

There always needs to be balance imo
A sound, balanced view

...what have you done with Phil?

Status
Not open for further replies.