Ban for Justin Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Truth be told it is a homophobic slur, intentional by JT or not, some will take offense. Being offended is not a legal matter and it was not directed at anyone in particular to be called a hate crime neither. I think it happened, JT is embarrassed that either A: he was caught or B: he is mortified that the word even came out of his mouth. His reputation has taken a dent and no further action is needed bar an acknowledgement from the tour, if he does it again then its time to punish.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Truth be told it is a homophobic slur, intentional by JT or not, some will take offense. Being offended is not a legal matter and it was not directed at anyone in particular to be called a hate crime neither. I think it happened, JT is embarrassed that either A: he was caught or B: he is mortified that the word even came out of his mouth. His reputation has taken a dent and no further action is needed bar an acknowledgement from the tour, if he does it again then its time to punish.
The thing is I don't think he's reputation has took a dent. I have seen the post on an American forum, Facebook and a few others. I'd say maybe 98% of comments are along the lines of "get a life, who cares, and it was just a swear word".
Also (especially Americans) relate to him as this is normal behaviour to them too. I'm not saying it's right.

I showed the clip to a gay colleague that I've played a few rounds with (golf that is) and he just smiled and said "the world's going crazy"

Status
Not open for further replies.