Balls

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
I have now exhausted the supply of dirt cheap Strata Jet balls I picked up to see me through (hopefully) the worst of my ball-losing rounds and I'm going to pick up some new ones. I'm not inclined to go for the Jets again because, whilst the price was brilliant (at £5 per dozen), a number of the balls had nicks and scratches in them and generally they aren't a pleasant feeling (or sounding) ball. I've read a number of glowing reviews of the Srixon AD333s as a budget ball without too much propensity for spin (handy for a high handicapper such as me) and Amazon has them for around £15 per dozen.

Two questions - any contrary views about the AD333s which should mean I look elsewhere and, if not, where do people consistently find balls to be the least expensive?

Many thanks.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Second question first - I pick up thousands on the course whilst playing....

First question; anything - really doesn't matter.

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Second question first - I pick up thousands on the course whilst playing....

First question; anything - really doesn't matter.
:) I 'swapped' a few Jets for Pro V1s during my time...

Is that really the case? As you can gauge from my initial ball selection I was never sold on marketing regarding balls but I have read a number of articles talking about how high spin balls can be detrimental to high handicappers prone to slices and such.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have now exhausted the supply of dirt cheap Strata Jet balls I picked up to see me through (hopefully) the worst of my ball-losing rounds and I'm going to pick up some new ones. I'm not inclined to go for the Jets again because, whilst the price was brilliant (at £5 per dozen), a number of the balls had nicks and scratches in them and generally they aren't a pleasant feeling (or sounding) ball. I've read a number of glowing reviews of the Srixon AD333s as a budget ball without too much propensity for spin (handy for a high handicapper such as me) and Amazon has them for around £15 per dozen.

Two questions - any contrary views about the AD333s which should mean I look elsewhere and, if not, where do people consistently find balls to be the least expensive?

Many thanks.

My regular email from Carlisle Golf Discount has AD333s at £25 for 2 dozen - plus postage if under £30.

Also Srixon Distance ball at 9.99 for 1 dozen, 25 for 2 dozen or 45 for 6 dozen. Not sure why the strange 2 dozen price, but it's a pretty good budget ball too.

Worth getting 2 Doz AD333 and 1 Doz Distance - giving free postage?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
:) I 'swapped' a few Jets for Pro V1s during my time...

Is that really the case? As you can gauge from my initial ball selection I was never sold on marketing regarding balls but I have read a number of articles talking about how high spin balls can be detrimental to high handicappers prone to slices and such.

Whilst you are loosing them at the rate you are it really doesn't matter. Once you get to the point that you react to the feeling of the ball then start worrying about the ball you are playing.

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
My regular email from Carlisle Golf Discount has AD333s at £25 for 2 dozen - plus postage if under £30.

Also Srixon Distance ball at 9.99 for 1 dozen, 25 for 2 dozen or 45 for 6 dozen. Not sure why the strange 2 dozen price, but it's a pretty good budget ball too.

Worth getting 2 Doz AD333 and 1 Doz Distance - giving free postage?

Great shout. I placed an order with CG on Thursday for over £150 so I'll ring them tomorrow (because it hasn't shipped yet) and see if they can add the AD333s on to that order.

Thanks.

Guvnor2013

Medal Winner
Visit site
Manufacturers go out to golf clubs to do fittings. I went to the Bridgestone fitting (and got recommended to use the E6) and the Titleist fitting (he recommended the DT SoLo) and each gave me a few free ones to try. I've ended up buying the DT SoLo which are about £15/doz (Sports Direct shops http://www.sportsdirect.com/titleist-dt-solo-golf-balls-pack-of-12-875074) and I do like the feel I get when I tee up a new one of these. I think it's mainly psychological though and I could probably play with the ones I find but I don't.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
informasi yang sangat bagus
terima kasih atas tulisannya
smiley-emoticon.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth