Move to premium balls?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve actually gone the other way. Always played a ProV1 but couldn’t loft my fairway woods/long irons so tried the AD333Tour (don’t think it’s premium) and got loads more spin without losing anything. Nothing really to do with price but no negatives with it. They’ve now been replaced by the Q Star so going to get some of them and hope they’re similar. Where I play you’re really doing well to lose a ball so hoping to keep the 333s in play for a while.

Having played both I could not spot any difference between the two. I bought the QStars because I did not like the newer version of Bridgestone B330 RXS at the time and the price was so good.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Having played both I could not spot any difference between the two. I bought the QStars because I did not like the newer version of Bridgestone B330 RXS at the time and the price was so good.
Good to know, just bought a dozen

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve been using titleist tour soft for the last year or so, won a couple of boxes in a comp. I was sceptical at first but I Really like how they feel both on full shots and on and around the green. I’ve tried prov1, z-star etc, they don’t feel as nice to me, probably to do with my swing speed. Trouble is, the tour softs are £30 a box, I can’t justify that, I probably average 1 lost per round. So I’m gonna try the dreaded lake balls at half the price. What’s the worst that can happen?! ??‍♂️

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve been using titleist tour soft for the last year or so, won a couple of boxes in a comp. I was sceptical at first but I Really like how they feel both on full shots and on and around the green. I’ve tried prov1, z-star etc, they don’t feel as nice to me, probably to do with my swing speed. Trouble is, the tour softs are £30 a box, I can’t justify that, I probably average 1 lost per round. So I’m gonna try the dreaded lake balls at half the price. What’s the worst that can happen?! ??‍♂️

If you are happy with a two piece soft ball and want to get the cost down try Srixon Soft Feel, Callaway Supersoft, TaylorMade RBZ soft, Wilson Staff Duo soft

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you are happy with a two piece soft ball and want to get the cost down try Srixon Soft Feel, Callaway Supersoft, TaylorMade RBZ soft, Wilson Staff Duo soft

I’ve tried most of those, don’t know what it is about the titleist, but it just feels good, kind of light and springy off the face. It’s all in the head I think!

What’s the spin like on these sort of balls? As mentioned on the other thread, I’m struggling getting the ball to stop on the hard greens.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve tried most of those, don’t know what it is about the titleist, but it just feels good, kind of light and springy off the face. It’s all in the head I think!

What’s the spin like on these sort of balls? As mentioned on the other thread, I’m struggling getting the ball to stop on the hard greens.
You could always try these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/golf-ball-tour-900-x12/_/R-p-186431 Generally get good reviews and a bit cheaper than the equivalents. Although, they used to be 20 quid, whereas 25 plus postage probably isn't that much cheaper. Unless there's a Decathlon near you where you can pick them up.

These might be good, for a bit less money again: https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/TaylorMade-Soft-Response-Golf-Balls-White.html#SID=8567

Visit site
You could always try these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/golf-ball-tour-900-x12/_/R-p-186431 Generally get good reviews and a bit cheaper than the equivalents. Although, they used to be 20 quid, whereas 25 plus postage probably isn't that much cheaper. Unless there's a Decathlon near you where you can pick them up.

These might be good, for a bit less money again: https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/TaylorMade-Soft-Response-Golf-Balls-White.html#SID=8567
I'm in Nice France at the moment and there's a big Decathlon shop
Went there last week all set to buy Inesis stuff - mainly balls such as the 900 - but anything else that takes my fancy - they also do great plastic tees which are so bright they are nearly impossible to lose
They had sections on running, swimming, camping, tennis and probably synchronised boules ..but
...Apparently they closed the golf section due to lack of local interest :confused:

The Fader

Visit site
A happy medium might be the 3 piece performance + by Kirkland (Costco)

Certainly not a Pro V or TP5 but its a 3 piece urethene ball that feels softish, retains its whiteness and spins fairly well.

Bought a 24 pack just to experiment and to be honest at c.£1 a ball they are in my opinion a much better bet than the major OEM's 2 piece offerings which cost considerably more