Ball flight and colour.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had a little look through the threads using search but didn’t find definitive answers. What is your best colour for watching ball flight. Im not talking about which colour ball you prefer to play with. What’s your easiest colour to spot in the air?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've been playing the DX2 Optix matt yellow ball for the last month or so, very easy to watch through the air, and also easy to spot just about everywhere (unless it's under a leaf or bush).

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've been playing the DX2 Optix matt yellow ball for the last month or so, very easy to watch through the air, and also easy to spot just about everywhere (unless it's under a leaf or bush).

Is this ball in their SOFT catergory, I think the matt finish stops any glare for sure. probably helps in watching it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It was very easy seeing Fragger's bright orange Wilson sailing into the trees yesterday. Mostly, even easier to find

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Is this ball in their SOFT catergory, I think the matt finish stops any glare for sure. probably helps in watching it.

Yes it is. Their blurb states:

Not only is this original low compression ball still the softest, longest and straightest. Its now even more of each!

Softest, longest and straightest!

At a ground breaking 29, DX2 soft has the lowest compression and the best feel of all competitive premium 2-piece golf balls. Longest distance of all competitive premium 2-piece golf balls and the lowest driver spin rate of all competitive premium 2-piece balls to give the straightest flight off the tee.

DX2 Optix Balls features:

Higher launching
Faster speeds
Even longer
Bright matte colour
Ball structure
Core - Hard ionomer blend for exceptional distance performance
Cover - soft feel and low spin for straighter shots
Dimple pattern - New and improved dimple pattern for maximum aerodynamic flight

I often play the DX3 Urethane in the summer, I find it just as good as a ProV or Chromesoft. I Decided to give these DX2 Soft a try for the winter, and have been quite pleased with their performance to date. Bought a dozen to try and got given a dozen for Crimbo. Have lost 4 so far over 20 + rounds. The lost ones have been OB hits, not lost any yet that have run into the tree line.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I use yellow balls and I tend to find their flight is easier to follow in most conditions than white. Added to the fact that as that there aren't many that play yellow balls means it's easier to identify mine on the ground.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The colcik vivid, Green, Orange and Pink are dead easy to see in the air and on the ground. On a dull day they stand out against the clouds, on a bright sunny day you practically need a welders mask to keep an eye on them as they stand out very very clearly.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
The colcik vivid, Green, Orange and Pink are dead easy to see in the air and on the ground. On a dull day they stand out against the clouds, on a bright sunny day you practically need a welders mask to keep an eye on them as they stand out very very clearly.

My only worry with these balls is people tend to find them a bit clicky or hard.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A mate of mine found a Volvik vivid one day the orange one. Never before or since have a seen a ball so easy to follow off the club face in its flight and landing.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
A mate of mine found a Volvik vivid one day the orange one. Never before or since have a seen a ball so easy to follow off the club face in its flight and landing.

Id be interested to know if its the matte finish or the colour. I think the Wilson dx2 is soft and matte orange in colour.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Id be interested to know if its the matte finish or the colour. I think the Wilson dx2 is soft and matte orange in colour.
Yeah AG sells the DX2 Optix in orange and yellow I think. My concern with orange though is that it's too similar to colour of the leaves which are all over the rough at my place (every hole is lined with trees). Yellow would probably be better in that respect.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Yeah AG sells the DX2 Optix in orange and yellow I think. My concern with orange though is that it's too similar to colour of the leaves which are all over the rough at my place (every hole is lined with trees). Yellow would probably be better in that respect.

I use the matte yellow, and they stand out a mile.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been using the orange optic and my son the yellow, both are easy to see in the air and on the ground. Both feel pretty good as well, nice value ball.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Someone tee'd up with an orange ball, looked like a baked bean sat on a tee peg, declared that they are the best to play with as you can see them easily, hit it up the fairway....dribbled off into light rough..... LOST IT. There was only a few flowers and a few leaves, the grass was only 2 inches deep and we couldn't find it anywhere.

White is the best ball. Always has been, always will be.