Bag set-up, longer clubs

babylonsinger

Visit site
I've spent the last six months tinkering with my club setup to try and cover gaps. Bought a 7 Wood second hand (Titleist TSi1 20deg) on facebook this time last year and it is probably my favourite club. The look at address gives me so much confidence that the ball is going to launch and barring the odd duff when trying to hit too hard its been a consistent club for me between 170-180. I've spent the time since I bought mine constantly trying to get my mates to buy one :LOL:

Used to carry 4 - 56 in irons but dropped the 4 iron in favour of a 22 deg Tour Edge hybrid which again provides far more confidence at address - I would rarely use the 4 iron for anything other than a tee shot on a hole where longer clubs would get me in trouble whereas the Hybrid gets used far more often. Had a gap between 3 Wood and 7 which I've recently filled with a Mizuno 5 Wood 18 deg - hoping that will become a favourite like the 7 Wood which I can use off the deck or off the tee (I only use my 3 Wood off the tee)

Albo

Visit site
I have driver, 3w, 5w, 2i, 5i down to PW, then 50, 56, 60 and putter.

5w and 2i go pretty much the same but get there differently (5w high, 2i lower). So in all honesty it should be one or the other depending on weather.
Driver is driver
3w is actually great off the deck now swing speed is up, I used to struggle with it.
The rest are fine but I need to do something at the bottom end of the bag as have stopped using the 60, I’m thinking of changing 50 to a 48 and then a 52 and 56 so get rid of 60.

I think I basically have a half space for something at the top of the bag if I use 5w or 2i rather than both.

Had hybrids in the past but found they were left magnets so have now disposed of those

D

Deleted member 1147

I have driver, 4 wood & 3 hybrid
But, I struggle with the lefts using the hybrid, so am looking to change to 3 wood & 5 wood, and possibly adding a 3 iron

I also have a 2 iron Ping crossover which I use, when it's dry and running, instead of the 4 wood.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Driver
16 degree thingy
20 degree thingy
21 degree iron and then more of them with ever increasing degrees of loft.
Putter.

But I also like playing with old clubs, like these 1959 beauties. Shear pleasure and enjoyment. Its not all about the score - or so I've been told.

11.JPG

04.JPG

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Driver
3 wood
5wood
5hyrbid
6 iron to pw

Room for another club. Sometimes its a driving iron, others 4 or 5 iron, odd time it's a 4 hybrid.

In the market for a 2 hybrid.

Jason.H

Visit site
Driver
HL 3 wood
22 degree hybrid
25 degree hybrid
For what it’s worth my hybrids are probably my favourite clubs in the bag.
I do have a 5 wood and a 19 degree hybrid so I do change the top end of my bag now and then.

D

Deleted member 31467

I've got enough long clubs to open up a shop. Got driver, 3W x3, 5W, 2 hybrids, 2 driving irons then 3-PW. What goes in the bag all depends on the time of year and type of course I'm playing.

Nothing wrong with having options, at least that's what I tell myself.

FELL75

Visit site
Driver
3W
5W
7W
6-9 irons
PW, GAP, Sand, Lob.
Echo the comments about hitting a 5 wood over the 3 wood, especially off the deck/fairway.

shane3003

Visit site
I’ve got Driver, 3 wood, 7 wood and then into irons 5-PW.
I really struggle with my 3 wood and rarely use it, maybe only a dozen times in 4 years on the course. I’m in two minds which are to sell and buy a 5 wood or to have some lessons and work through it.
My 7 wood is my favourite club in the bag and love it but I’ve got a gap between driver at 220-230 carry and 7 wood at 185-190 carry.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
TM M2 Driver
TM M2 16.5HL 3w or Mizuno 3w
Mizuno JPX 2i
Titleist 4ui or Mizuno JPX 4i
Mizuno JPX 5 onwards.

I play a mix of links and parkland courses so it’s good to have versatility up in the long side of the bag.

I’m contemplating replacing my 3w, 4ui & 5 iron with 3 woods, potentially a 4, 6 & 8 wood if the gapping is right. If the 4 wood doesn’t pop up enough I may just keep the 4ui in the bag. I need forgiving clubs that will pop up and fly which can be difficult with a 3w as it’s a low flighted club for me. That would leave a spare space and I’d keep my I iron in as hit has some unique skills sets 😂

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got Driver, 3 wood, 7 wood and then into irons 5-PW.
I really struggle with my 3 wood and rarely use it, maybe only a dozen times in 4 years on the course. I’m in two minds which are to sell and buy a 5 wood or to have some lessons and work through it.
My 7 wood is my favourite club in the bag and love it but I’ve got a gap between driver at 220-230 carry and 7 wood at 185-190 carry.

Rather than 3 wood, have you tried gaming a high loft driver for that gap ? If its for 200-210 tee shots you could try that rig. 14deg SLDR or R15 with a shortened shaft.