Are you aware of your score during a round.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Also, those tour pro's that say they do not watch leader boards during the final holes of a tournament when they are in contention are either telling porky's or are just plain stupid.

If you are playing against someone else then IMO it's important to know where you stand with a few holes to play. When it's just you versus the course then you can just add 'em up at the end and see if you get a h/cap cut. I know if I'm playing good or crap even though I might not know exactly how good/crap, it won't stop me pulling out driver on the last hole and seeing if I can make birdie.

Meeko

Hacker
Visit site
I always keep my score on golfshot as I'm going and I don't know how to check it until the end of the round. However if I've started well after 4/5 holes I'll tend to work out my score and it'll get to me as i'll be focusing trying to hard on trying to maintain the standard instead of just enjoying myself. I shot a PB a few weeks ago and I've added about 15 shots onto that score in the 4 times I've played since. All in the head, golf.

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
So today tried a different approach in our monthly stableford by monitoring how I was doing scoring wise. After every hole seeing my total points and working out how to play the next hole.....................well scored bad. Not a good day with the putter because of the added pressure knowing I needed to make a putt. Driving fantastic and iron play superb but 3 putt city was on the cards nearly every hole. Total of 29 points. Gutted. Think I will stick to being oblivious about my score.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
One of those days today. Was level twos (level handicap) after sixteen and then made the fateful error of letting the mind wander. Blob, and blob in grandiose fashion down the last for 32 and another 0.1

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
One of those days today. Was level twos (level handicap) after sixteen and then made the fateful error of letting the mind wander. Blob, and blob in grandiose fashion down the last for 32 and another 0.1
Unlucky mate. The greens were soft today too which is unusual for ascot so I was playing for the run on to the green and it was was hop stop. First hole hit it 4ft pin high rolled out to back of green and 4 putted. Arrrgghhh. 18th I drove into the ditch. 1 bounce ditch, drop then hit 3 hybrid to front edge came off with 6. See 39 was winning when we left. You was right billy is an experience everyone should witness. I've never seen a ball go so high and far.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perfect example today... Level par through 13 holes and impossible not to know it despite my best efforts. Ended up getting nervous over some easy shots, not wanting to blow the chance of a cut, and finished 3 over... :(