Are you a swinger or hitter?

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After reading a few threads on here including " how far should I hit my driver " I was just wondering if any of you are aware of ' hitting ' the ball or just swinging the arms through with the club in your hands letting the ball get in the way of the path of the club.

I would class myself as a swinger and not really conscious of giving the ball a damn good whack.

But what do you do, hit or swing?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I swing.............then I hit as hard as I can:lol:

p.s had my first game yesterday since Oct last year- didnt miss a fairway:eek::eek: new driver seems to suit me :mmm:

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good question. I hit it. Am desperately trying to learn to swing instead, but struggling. Sometimes starts well at the range, then falls into the old ways.

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
Swing on the course, hitter off it..

Sam Snead said the old timers used to use the blue danube waltz (johan strauss II) to help their swing rhythm. This is actually quite good for timing if anyone is interested. Annoying tune though.

Last edited:

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No idea :confused:

You decide:

[video=youtube;mTSSuviuR9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSSuviuR9c[/video]

It looks like you are a hitter Gareth but what a great finish!

Actually on second thoughts its quite hard to hit a ball and still have that full finish , so maybe a swinger after all.

Whatever it is, nice. :thup:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
swinger...or at least I try to be. Occasionally it may get a little quick..but definitely more of a swinger