Anything noticeably wrong with this?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Met up with Philm last night at Blackwood and took a short clip of my swing while we were there.
I think my take away is a little fast.
This one went pretty much like most of my drives and had an ounce of draw towards the end. My swing feels ok but on camera it looks quite in to out (ESP the clips from wentworth).
Weight wise, it's starting to come off this past two weeks so I imagine my swing will change gradually as I won't have to swing round myself just as much.
Anyway, anything I need to work on?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/cordobabrendy/fa4bb45c.mp4

Last edited:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly a bit quick going back and that normally means a bit long as well because momentum will cause the club to carry on going after you've stopped at the top. I think its fair to say that theres over swing because the clubhead dips below parallel and out of sight unless its the camera angle.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i think its pretty good

i noticed on the wentworth video you seemed to "go after it" a bit

though looking at the down line video i don't think it has a detremental effect on your swing

i really like the swing path and plane, something im working on at the mo to get my swing to look more like yours

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yea Tim, I don't like holding back too much, I think as long as I am not falling off/losing balance then I am not swinging too hard.
Sawtooth, I think you are right with the overswing, my speed going back certainly doesn't keep it parallel though it used to be worse. I am working on not flexing my left leg so much but it's damn hard not to when it feels like it will kill the rest of the swings weight shifting.

Situps are on the nighttime routine too! :D

i think its pretty good

though looking at the down line video i don't think it has a detremental effect on your swing

i really like the swing path and plane, something im working on at the mo to get my swing to look more like yours

(editted for spelling and flexing left leg, not right!)

Last edited:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think its pretty good

Me too. I think its very good.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Only thing I can see that's not quite right is that a dirty great Seagull's shat all over your driver head....:mmm::whistle::ears:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wonder if it was completely Kawasaki green would ever take off in?
Bill, too late mate I read it! :) You are right it is a little fast on the take away, I was trying to take it away a little soother today and was working well.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not much if anything wrong with that swing. Ok you have a fast tempo, but your rythm is spot on. If you do try to slow your tempo(you may have a natural fast tempo). Make sure you dont spoil your rythm.

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
quite the rocket brendy.

went out for a few holes with Big Phil today @blackwood. (gave him a right dressing down, let the banter begin)

should have got you to tape my "swing" brendy, that would have made for interesting viewing :) flat and hooded.

Phil

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still can't believe you took shots of me Phil lol

Was a very nice finish you had 1under on the last 5 was good shooting.

thanks pal, couldn't believe i bogeyed the first 5! played like a right plonker but as you said things brightened up in the final stretch had a good go a birdie on 14/15/16/18 aswell.

you actually played some lovely shots yourself, shot into the 3rd was nice and into the 7th, was a beauty.

Phil