Anyone's course snow free ?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amanda, I live in a cul-de-sac and this morning I did stunt driving getting out, literally lost the front end and finished up perfectly parked between 2 cars, how I didnt hit one god knows and thats with 4 wheel drive!!! No grit on any roads cos apparently it was unexpected round here!!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amanda, I live in a cul-de-sac and this morning I did stunt driving getting out, literally lost the front end and finished up perfectly parked between 2 cars, how I didnt hit one god knows and thats with 4 wheel drive!!! No grit on any roads cos apparently it was unexpected round here!!!

Yikes! I text David to warn him as he's just moved from a 4X4 to an Audi Quattro...hope it doesn't slide around too much!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Drove down the coast to Ballantrae for lunch today. Absolutely glorious, snow on the tips of Arran, views to Ireland as clear as I have seen it. Totally borassic though. all the courses open.

tarmac

Club Champion
Visit site
hope eyemouth is ok,me an the guys bin planning a trip to play there for weeks.so fingers crossed for saturday:lol:.havnt played for 3 weeks now,not the best prep to go there!!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
hope eyemouth is ok,me an the guys bin planning a trip to play there for weeks.so fingers crossed for saturday:lol:.havnt played for 3 weeks now,not the best prep to go there!!

Was fine today but the coast is getting it tonight apparently.If it is the weekend I would imagine you will be fine,takes a bit to shut the Mooth.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had a covering this morning but nothing substantial. Enough to make the dogs go mental, mountain dogs get very excited by snow you see. Apparently our greens opened at 10am for the midweek stableford. I suspect the heavy stuff will fall just in time to close the course for the weekend, particularly since I'm playing both days!

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
why re-open @ 3pm, its getting dark by 3.45 lol

mine is closed again, better be gone by Sunday or I may aswell put the clubs away until the New Year grrrrrrrrrrrrr

No Idea gibbo. Got an email at 14;56 saying Course open as of 5th December. And 45mins is perfect for a quick 9 holes lol.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played at Crail today and it was Baltic! Arctic wind directly off the North Sea. Winter greens and icy fairways made it a challenge! 15cms of snow forecast overnight so it might have been the last game for a while.

Scadge

Head Pro
Visit site
No snow in Solihull. Today's round was a four layer ice challenge on normal greens (so no swing - nothing new there - and no course). Managed to get one to bounce about 30 yards off the 16th green although it could have been further as it was never seen again. Love this winter golf thing - which way is Florida ?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
we delayed today's competition until 1030 to let the snow clear to avoid build up on the shoes, and the associated damage to the greens.

very pleasant day, but getting cold (and dark) as we finished!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Looks like we're going to get rain insgead of snow tonight.

So the course will be closed as it's under water rather than under snow.....

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Minus 3 here but my brother wants to play so we are! All temp greens and a yellow ball recommended. Actually don't mind playing but getting to the end of the road without sliding might be an issue. Hopefully all the rest have been gritted overnight.

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played this morning temporary greens except for two holes , frozen fairways were an experience I've not had before , got some nice run ons but some really mad bounces , couple of times I had to break the ice on the hole and my ball also ended up in a bunker which was flooded with about a foot of water but frozen nearly solid , had me scratching me head as to what to do rules wise , got me driver and
Pulled it off the ice and took a drop outside the bunker for a penalty stroke