Anyone's course snow free ?

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours should be snow free by tomorrow but will be shut due to the snow thawing and the rain we are now getting!

Might be a slim chance 10 holes will be open by Monday so i can get out before my nightshift at work.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
8am this morning we were open

8.20 this morning we were closed.......

Mahoosive rain and sleet, still coming down now.
I can see the edge of it out of the window - going to be nice and bright in about half an hour but the damage has been done.

Oh well, try again Monday.....or Wednesday.....or Thursday.....or Friday...............

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Snaaa.png

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net

Can believe it.. not so much snow around, but lots of ice as temps got down pretty low last night.

Peebles is closed also, for the same reason, and it will probably be into next week before it reopens. Unlikely I'll get down again before the new year. :(

Range visits it is then, which isn't quite the same.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We're 100% open, proper tees and greens - keep telling you guys, Links golf is the only golf (massive tongue in cheek smiley for the sensitive people), especially in winter

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wyboston still closed but Beds & County open with 5 temps. Trolley ban in place which is fine with me as it protects the course. Sun is out but it's windy and very cold - hopefully dry things out a bit at least!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just checked our website, we were on temps first thing and still on temps after an inspection at 10am. This is really bad news as it wasn't that cold overnight down here, no frost on the car when I walked the dogs and soft underfoot. Unless it was considerably colder at he club this can only mean the greens are waterlogged which most likely means temps for the rest of the year. Annoying, as I'm playing both days this weekend and the overnight temperature isn't due to drop below freezing so I was hoping to be on the full course but looks unlikely now.
:mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
On temps in South West Surrey - and must be colder than up north in West Surrey (Bagshot :)).. Got winter league match tomorrow at 9am. Expecting frost and temps. Least we're playing.