Anyone's course snow free ?

DCB

Visit site
Out at lunchtime and the East Lothian Golf Coast was basking in beautiful sunshine. Probably a little hard underfoot, but at least no snow showing on the Coast. A bit white further inland though ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out at lunchtime and the East Lothian Golf Coast was basking in beautiful sunshine. Probably a little hard underfoot, but at least no snow showing on the Coast. A bit white further inland though ;)

we are blue sky and sunny now.

quite warm in the sun, the slight dusting we had first thing long gone now;)

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net

Clearly, I'm going to have to reconsider my membership choices at renewal time .. all-weather links golf sounds good, and i don't fancy joining somewhere in Edinburgh and paying exorbitant rates.

Maybe a dual membership in the offing, if i can afford it.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just back from the course. It's been lovely in Lancashire. Clear blue skies, and quite mild once the sun got a bit higher. Still on winter greens though. This is Lancashire after all.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clearly, I'm going to have to reconsider my membership choices at renewal time .. all-weather links golf sounds good, and i don't fancy joining somewhere in Edinburgh and paying exorbitant rates.

Exactly the decision I've made, Brizo. Gifford has been like a swamp all year, so I've got my name down at Kilspindie although it looks like it'll be January 2014 before I get the nod.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exactly the decision I've made, Brizo. Gifford has been like a swamp all year, so I've got my name down at Kilspindie although it looks like it'll be January 2014 before I get the nod.

I live at the wrong side of town to consider any links golf shennanigans. I'm half an hour away from Prestonfield as it is, the nearest Links course is at least 45 minutes away and that's just too far for me.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I live at the wrong side of town to consider any links golf shennanigans. I'm half an hour away from Prestonfield as it is, the nearest Links course is at least 45 minutes away and that's just too far for me.

Once you're on the bypass, Kilspindie is only 25-30 mins away. Takes me half an hour to get to Gifford from my house too, so I guess I'm just used to the travelling.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Aberdour is 20 miles, but that is still further than Prestonfield...

I'll just have to put up with it being snowy and squidgy :D

Same situation with me, as the wife wants to move across to the west of the city, or possibly even back to West Lothian next year so a links course membership might not be feasible - especially as she holds the purse strings.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes, clear blue skies and full on sun here so off to the course shorty.

As I am sure you can imagine with Cov being down the road we have lovely blue skys today... I will be gutted if it hits us this weekend when I have a round at my place on Saturday and the Belfry on Sunday to look forward to...

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We had about 3-5cms this morning. Course was closed at 8am but fully open again at 3pm!. Either didnt settle much or it melted really quick. And to think I was panicking thinking I had to spend a Saturday morning with the wife!!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
why re-open @ 3pm, its getting dark by 3.45 lol

mine is closed again, better be gone by Sunday or I may aswell put the clubs away until the New Year grrrrrrrrrrrrr

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Walked Max before dark and really glad I didn't play as the wind was biting cold - at least the range is fairly sheltered.

As we live in a small village and at the end of a cul-de-sac the road is an absolute sheet of black ice - poor Max was all over the place!