Anyones course closed

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Anybodys course closed ?

Been mad up here for rain the last week, and various of the local courses are closed due to it, crazy for June:)

Wolf

Visit site
Ours has been closed for a couple days now. Pond on our 15th is usually kovel level water more used for drainage than anything but now it's over flowing according

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I haven't checked but given the rain and the way it can handle water (not usually too well), it probably should be. I'm just hoping for dry weather from now until Saturday so I can play on the weekend... I'm not hopeful though.

Who can forget during last year's heatwave, The Sun proclaiming that all our Summers would be like that now :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Open with no restrictions.
Played yesterday and it was holding up well. A bit soft on the greens and a small puddle on one otherwise business as usual.
On and off steady rain today, nothing torrential.
Only issue is the greenkeepers may not have been able to cut the fairways so they could be a bit fluffy!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've had 4mm of rain today. First in weeks and the ground is rock hard. I planted grass seed a couple of weeks ago and it's just showing. Who said it always rains in Scotland?

Robin Hood

Visit site
Open and in good condition.
Some bunkers have standing water but room to get a free drop.
All credit to the green keepers, as the course was renowned for flooding a few years ago.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't believe that my course has been open to main greens, a few bunkers are out of action but i think its held up very well.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Closed today for the first time, even with all the extra drainage and work we’ve recently done, it couldn’t cope and absorb the 30mm of rain each and every day we’ve endured this week!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Open and it played gorgeous, makes a change to hit a green and it stayed on the green. Every bunker is a pond. Every pond is a lake. Our 12 th has had a new tee installed over the winter with 130 yd over a bunker and massively full pond.. Opened last Saturday for our 20 th anniversary. Played it today for the first time. It's a lovely hole.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nope and not sure why it might be ?

Great weather here at the moment and perfect conditions for a few games of golf

Robin Hood

Visit site
Open and it played gorgeous, makes a change to hit a green and it stayed on the green. Every bunker is a pond. Every pond is a lake. Our 12 th has had a new tee installed over the winter with 130 yd over a bunker and massively full pond.. Opened last Saturday for our 20 th anniversary. Played it today for the first time. It's a lovely hole.
Which is your club Tashyboy?

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have been open too throughout this wet spell.

Course greening up nicely and the rain has been most welcome to be honest, as with dry Spring and last year’s sunburnt ravages I had started to fear the worst.