Anyones course closed

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We have been open, but why anyone would want to go out and play in pretty much constant rain is beyond me!
Couldn't believe it today Swingy. Played 18 holes. The course was empty and we never had a drip of the wet stuff.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Our course drains relatively well, so it is very rare that it has to close down due to rain during the summer months. The second course I'm a member at is a different story. It is bullt close to a small river in what historically was just swamp land and can get waterlogged quite easily. It was closed down a few times in the last couple of weeks (usually just for a few hours or at the most half a day after heavy rainfall). We've had mostly short spouts of very heavy rain around here, mixed with severe thunderstorms, but always dray spells in between to allow things to dry off again.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Closed today.
Much more rain last night than was forecast, still coming down and not going to stop anytime soon.
Bugger!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Course fully open and playing really well. The rain is actually helping keep the course soft enough to play. This time last year you had to bounce the ball about 20 yards short of the green for it to sit on the back edge.

We had some spells of very heavy rain but the course has handled it superbly.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Touch and go to finish the round last weekend with lots of rain over the closing holes but no issues expected for tomorrows game and no rain forecast for the weekend :cool:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Copsewood Coventry is also closedI guess the river has moved into the relief area aka out course :-( on the up side time to get the winter stock of balls back out and shoot at the pins again when it re opens hopefully 2morro for the comp.

shame I've got new clubs to use.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Did close Tuesday lunchtime, halfway through Lady Captains day, but open again on Wednesday and remains open today.

Hoping to play a few holes later today when the sun is supposed to come out. Will be interested to see if the rain has improved the damage from last summer

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Very rare that Cleobury closes but had an email this morning to say it is closed today, hope it's ok for the weekend!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Couldn't believe it today Swingy. Played 18 holes. The course was empty and we never had a drip of the wet stuff.
Has

Lucky you! It has finally stopped raining here and it feels like it has not stopped since last Sunday! Drove past the club on Wednesday and the car park was half full and the senior roll out was trucking down to the 1st tee. Not for me, I can think of far better things to do for 4 hrs rather than struggle and slip around while getting wetter and colder in every step!

Anyway, Suns out today and the weekend is here. Golf time!

DCB

Visit site
It's been very wet down the East coast this past week. Our Championship Qualifying only just managed to be completed last weekend, but, after managing to play Monday's matches in the KO stages, everything ground to a halt as Wednesday & Thursday were again lost to the weather. Hopefully the drier weather will allow the rejigged matchplay stages to be completed so that we can have our Championship Finals this weekend. Fingers crossed :)
wetcourse2.jpg