Anyone skiing this winter?

B

birdieman

I'm going in a couple of weeks to France for a week's skiing. As we are a party of 6 we figured we shouldn't hang about booking back in December in case things got booked up. Anyway got a decent enough price but had a look online today and the cost is half what I paid for the exact same holiday! Grrrr.

Must be karma as I used to that in my single days - wait until 2 days before then book for pennies!

What goes around comes around I suppose!

Anyone else hitting the slopes this winter??

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not been for a few years but last time, we booked on Tuesday and flew on Thursday £202 each. Everyone else in the hotel had paid £600+

Robo

Club Champion
Visit site
Off on the 22nd of Jan to Austria for 5 days,

mate of mine has got a place out there, 6 of us going.

Took the wife & kids last year, was fantastic!

Just the lads this time ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nope and not much chance of a summer break if HID can't find a job soon. She found out she missed out after 2nd interviews for a role she would have been ideal for. Its a tough world right now :mad: :(

B

birdieman

You not been out over the golf course on the skinnies ?

Not yet, loads of frost lately but no snow. The snow we have had Nov/Dec 08 wasn't deep enough.

At my age the assistance of gravity is important, downhill is easy, x-country is like running.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Steamboat for me in 4 weeks time......... :)

3 Dad's.......3 Lad's.........Perfick.

steamboat is ace - be sure to have you all racing down the old "sprints, bumps n jumps" course on the front of the mountain.

went to austria over xmas myself - snow was good, but with the exchange rate it was extortionate in resort!