Any Facebook Experts Here?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
My wife and I have identical Android phones (Moto G7 Play) and exactly the same version of the Facebook App installed (325.0.0.36.170)

On her phone, there is a "Live" option (red video camera icon, top left of the home screen) which can be used to stream video to her friends.
On my phone, that "Live" option is not there. Instead, there's a "Status" option.
I've checked that Facebook has access to the phone's camera & microphone.
(In fact , my wife & I have compared just about every setting we can find).

Can anyone suggest any reason why the Live streaming option is missing on my phone?

The only other thing that may be significant is that I only created my FB account today (specifically to set up a live stream), whereas my wife has had one for years.
Is there perhaps a restriction on new users?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Almost certainly a new user restriction. They cracked down on its use after some grim incidents in the past and new users would be prime fodder for such content.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Almost certainly a new user restriction. They cracked down on its use after some grim incidents in the past and new users would be prime fodder for such content.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have now confirmed this is the reason. The app doesn't say anything, the option is simply missing.
But I tried logging in on a laptop, and when I tried going to the live producer page, it explicitly told me I am too new a user.
Mystery solved.