Any clubs closed ?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
All good up at Gleneagles today, played The Kings and the course had a plenty guys out there playing.
The Dormey House was open and as usual the food was too notch.

Like most other clubs they have released a statement that its business as usual and they are following all the guidelines that have been put in place, couldn't think of a better place to self isolate if it comes to that especially with the 3 courses on offer.

GIS event the 1st weekend in April at Gleneagles and Kingsbarns has been cancelled so not quite business as usual.

Gutted to be missing out, will need to wait till next year.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
GIS event the 1st weekend in April at Gelneagles and Kingsbarns has been cancelled so not quite business as usual.

Gutted to be missing out, will need to wait till next year.

It wasn"t Gleneagles that cancelled the event so it's still business as usual for Gleneagles. I am sure they will manage without this event and I can only imagine what state the course would be in after a day full of hackers had their way on it ?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wasn"t Gleneagles that cancelled the event so it's still business as usual for Gleneagles. I am sure they will manage without this event and I can only imagine what state the course would be in after a day full of hackers had their way on it ?

Don't panic, we'll be back next year to dig it up for you (y)(y)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I heard that Fulwell has closed until May 1st.

Pyrford will stay open and adopt all the EGU guidelines on healthy golf. As Captain, I am keeping all competitions going but have stopped the use of the PSI terminal for signing in and entering scores. People will have to use that old fashioned card and pencil thing only :) I want to give people the chance to maintain as much normality as possible in these difficult days.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our latest update came out today

All organised events, competitions and matches cancelled or postponed until the end of May earliest.

Some match play knockouts cancelled completely. Some county and regional comps cancelled or postponed until further notice.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
As of yesterday my club is closed, course open for play but no access, got an email at 11.30pm to say the club house will be open for a short time allow entry for clubs ect, didn't say when or what time, half my equipment is up there inc clubs

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As of yesterday my club is closed, course open for play but no access, got an email at 11.30pm to say the club house will be open for a short time allow entry for clubs ect, didn't say when or what time, half my equipment is up there inc clubs
Much the same at mine, we were advised if possible to keep our clubs in the car and change in the carpark . Try and use the locker room and clubhouse as little as possible, keep a safe distance from other golfers.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course open, egu recommendations fully implemented.
New strategy for score cards, picture of cards to be sent in so all electronic.. no touchscreen stuff or actual card swapping.
There are some negative comments about the raised putting cups .. but you just have to hit them, and I didn’t have any lip outs :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Course open, egu recommendations fully implemented.
New strategy for score cards, picture of cards to be sent in so all electronic.. no touchscreen stuff or actual card swapping.
There are some negative comments about the raised putting cups .. but you just have to hit them, and I didn’t have any lip outs :)
I think raising cups up is a good idea, saves touching any part of the pin or hole , down side it can't be a qualifier.

UNLESS there's some common sense and a temp ruling by the R&A in these exceptional circumstances. will defo speed play up :LOL:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think raising cups up is a good idea, saves touching any part of the pin or hole , down side it can't be a qualifier.

UNLESS there's some common sense and a temp ruling by the R&A in these exceptional circumstances. will defo speed play up :LOL:
Will be playing with hole up tomorrow so will see how it goes. Match sec wants us to have qualifiers but I'm ambivalent

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

All competitions suspended at the moment. Purely down to card handling and large groups.

Stu.

Visit site
Bins, flag-sticks and bunker rakes removed. Holes have been put in centre of green, upside down. We've also been told not to use seats and ball washers..

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

I suggested this at ours yesterday, but they had already just turned the cup inserts upside down. The ball can hole out, but doesn't drop below the surface, works a treat.

We're planning on staying open, the bar and catering also open, but tables have been spaced for better social distancing.

I heard that Fulwell has closed until May 1st.

Pyrford will stay open and adopt all the EGU guidelines on healthy golf. As Captain, I am keeping all competitions going but have stopped the use of the PSI terminal for signing in and entering scores. People will have to use that old fashioned card and pencil thing only :) I want to give people the chance to maintain as much normality as possible in these difficult days.

We're aiming for this too, but I saw a message informing us the PSI terminal was now off, and to use your own phone to add scores to IG. Not done this previously, and currently I have no plans for comps at present, so I'm not sure how that works, or whether it's a good/ bad idea.

On the course, the rakes have been moved - use club or feet, flagsticks not to be touched, ball washers have been covered and are out of use, use gloved hand for compressor, not more than two people at a time allowed in the pro shop, office off limits, only access via email or phone.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following a committee meeting last night it was decided to postpone indefinitely our AGM that was due to take place next Thursday. The Captain's drive in was also postponed and the current captain will remain in office until November.
The clubhouse will remain open at the weekends and all majors this year have been cancelled but qualifying comps will start in 2 weeks time (lockdown restrictions permitting).
You will now mark your own scorecards and put a FC's scores in the markers column. After the round you have to take a photo of the scorecard and post it on a WhatsApp group and all the cards will then be processed by the handicap sec. The clubhouse is also now cashless and you pay for the club comps via your account.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just had the email from the Chairman
Pretty much follows everywhere else..no comps, no visitors, no rakes etc etc
Bar staying open for now

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[URL='https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/goto/post?id=2135766' said:
woofers said:[/URL]
Just wondering if there would be an opportunity to spread the payments over a period, would help your cash flow?.
I’ll do that - pay monthly in instalments - costs more though but hey...
An interest free credit-card is the way to go. In the past I've had as long as 3 years. This year they were offering 18 mnths to 2 years but I think that may have changed currently.