Any clubs closed ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had our "notice" a few days back. Pretty much same as everywhere else following EG guidelines. No comps, bar & restaurant closed, casual golf only, user locker room as little as poss etc. Adhere to "distancing guidelines while playing.

Not official club policy, but as co-organizer of the weekend swindles we've said they're "off" for the duration. Not good to have the mass grouping at the start & finish.

Not really sure I "get" all the concern about rakes & flagsticks. Yes the virus is serious, and yes, you can pick it up by touching things - but to be honest, golf flagsticks are way, way, down my list of concerns as regards them being a source of infection. If you are already using a good hand hygiene routine, then surely the risk has to be miniscule?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After today's announcement, NO clubhouse will remain open. The golf courses will remain open for general play ensuring distances are kept.
Surely ALL competitions will be cancelled, with touching scorecards and in particular ALL takes removed from bunkers

D

Deleted member 16999

After today's announcement, NO clubhouse will remain open. The golf courses will remain open for general play ensuring distances are kept.
Surely ALL competitions will be cancelled, with touching scorecards and in particular ALL takes removed from bunkers
Possible guidance in the Rules Section on here as to how qualifiers could continue, should Clubs want them to.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
A club down the road from me had their clubhouse burned down last year. I believe it is due to reopen soon, and they also offer a gym and hotel onsite.

It's bad news for everyone, but this kind of stuff seems extra harsh on them!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following a committee meeting last night it was decided to postpone indefinitely our AGM that was due to take place next Thursday. The Captain's drive in was also postponed and the current captain will remain in office until November.
The clubhouse will remain open at the weekends and all majors this year have been cancelled but qualifying comps will start in 2 weeks time (lockdown restrictions permitting).
You will now mark your own scorecards and put a FC's scores in the markers column. After the round you have to take a photo of the scorecard and post it on a WhatsApp group and all the cards will then be processed by the handicap sec. The clubhouse is also now cashless and you pay for the club comps via your account.
Well, that didn't age well.
No clubhouse open, no fees for comps or prizes but anyone who wants to play can still go out and send a photo of the score back to the handicap sec.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Slight change to our policy..
Bar and catering now closed but we will still have the halfway hut - which is basically a hatch/window near the 10th tee - open for bacon/sausage rolls etc...
While stocks last we can also bring a container and get beer for £1 a pint to clear stock....
Changing rooms still open

Siolag

Visit site
Ours as everyone else’s, course open clubhouse shut. Will be strange going tomorrow as we would normally make an effort to have something to drink at least.

My dad fears his club might not make it through this.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm looking forward to playing lots of free golf ;)
My course went into administration a few years ago, before I was a member there. Once word got around that became a real problem as the course was kept open, clubhouse closed. No one was around to check chancers. Once it restarted a few people were caught out trying to grab a freebie and it took a good while before all of that stopped. To say it irritated the members is a huge understatement.

I know your post was made tongue in cheek but it will be a problem at a lot of clubs.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
At mine, main body of clubhouse including bar obviously closed a couple of days ago, with external access only to locker rooms.
We had an email this evening saying board is seeking clarification if They now have to shut locker rooms too.
Pro shop remains open ...like a lot of old clubs this is in a building separate from the clubhouse.
Cashless payments only.

All comps now social only until further notice .
All inter club matches and internal functions cancelled.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
My course went into administration a few years ago, before I was a member there. Once word got around that became a real problem as the course was kept open, clubhouse closed. No one was around to check chancers. Once it restarted a few people were caught out trying to grab a freebie and it took a good while before all of that stopped. To say it irritated the members is a huge understatement.

I know your post was made tongue in cheek but it will be a problem at a lot of clubs.
You reckon ?