Another Mass Shooting in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

It all just strikes me as hypocrisy to make out we care about certain tragic events yet seem, on the face of It, completely ignore other equally tragic events.
Maybe equally tragic, but one is an accident and one isn’t.
Life is full of tragedy and some are affected by some more than others, no one needs to justify how they feel.
You see it as hypocritical, fill yer boots, it doesn’t mean others can’t express their opinion.
If it bothers you so much, ignore these type of threads. (y)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't see the difference between "mass killings" and one person being shot. It's human life being extinguished by a nutter with the means to do so. The UK is smaller than the USA so will have less of it, but one person killed or 10 at once, as far as I'm concerned it's the same and equally dangerous. We have strict gun laws the USA doesn't. People still have guns and use them in the UK. How to stop it? God knows. The world is a dangerous place and will not get any safer in my life time.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Maybe equally tragic, but one is an accident and one isn’t.
Life is full of tragedy and some are affected by some more than others, no one needs to justify how they feel.
You see it as hypocritical, fill yer boots, it doesn’t mean others can’t express their opinion.
If it bothers you so much, ignore these type of threads. (y)

I will play devils advocate and question what some see as the norm (y)

D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46135459

It just seems a weekly occurrence now maybe even less and the rest of the world will continue to shake their head in disbelief that they refuse to attempt changes to their gun laws whilst they just blurt out about their right to bear arms as if it’s some justification.

I wonder if there will ever be a limit when they realise it has to change - clearly it’s not when kids or students or sports stars getting killed.

D

Deleted member 16999

Ah the old trolling post, didn't take long did it :rolleyes:

Here's me thinking it was a forum for discussing opinions, my mistake.
It is for discussion mate, but when are you playing devil’s advocate and when are you not.

“In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers.”

Is it possible any of the above happens when you decide to play devil’s advocate?

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
It is for discussion mate, but when are you playing devil’s advocate and when are you not.

“In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers.”

Is it possible any of the above happens when you decide to play devil’s advocate?

That's fair enough, but believe me, it is never my intention, it is and always has been in my life to question everything, to get answers to my questions, to offer an alternative to the norm, it's just the way I am and always have been.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
That's fair enough, but believe me, it is never my intention, it is and always has been in my life to question everything, to get answers to my questions, to offer an alternative to the norm, it's just the way I am and always have been.

Considering you’ve been doing it for so long, it’s dreadfully unfortunate that you haven’t managed to find a style that promotes debate rather than coming across as a total wind up merchant.

Unless of course it’s by design.

I’m pretty sure I know which one it is. 👍

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i often wonder if we had a completely uncontrolled gun culture in the UK would we have a similar problem???

Maybe not with the mass shootings but maybe every petty squabble and road rage incident ending up with people reaching for a gun.

D

Deleted member 21258

Considering you’ve been doing it for so long, it’s dreadfully unfortunate that you haven’t managed to find a style that promotes debate rather than coming across as a total wind up merchant.

Unless of course it’s by design.

R& G, I agree with BIM with this.

The reason for this post is really to say, sometimes I find myself really agreeing with your posts, but because of the way you post them, the style or something about them, I find I could not post that I agree or like the post (good example was your last post on the Grenfell case post 147). I would always keep to arguing what you truly believe in rather than just arguing the other side for the sake of it.

Anyway I expect you don't care if I or anyone else agrees with you. But wish you all the best.

Back to the topic, terrible for the people affect by it.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

I will try and take this on board. I accept my mannerisms may not be to everyone's liking and how I put things across and will try and adjust accordingly.

fwiw, a post like yours to me is far better than just rolling out the old troll comment, yours was constructive.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How come there hasn't been a single mention of the plane that crashed in Indonesia last week ? 188 dead, no great humanity on here about that.

A plane crash due to what would appear to be a system or mechanical malfunction is rather different in nature to the murder of at least 12 people by an individual. Though both tragic they are not otherwise comparable.