Another Mass Shooting in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even if they ammended the constitution tomorrow it would takes decades to bring the numbers under control.
That's not to say they shouldn't do it, it's just they should have done it years ago.
And until they actually do something to prevent these attacks, I'm afraid America will get no sympathy from me.
The people involved - Yes
The Country - No.
What happened to the protest marches from earlier this year?
If Americans want to change things then those marches need to be bigger and happen every week in every city.
Until the "real" Americans get involved nothing can or will change.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Luckily, not everyone in America has that attitude.

Not sure why I'm being vilified by you here. Never said I supported guns. I telling you that even if it is changed (which I don't think it will be) it won't work. Too many guns in circulation, too many unregistered guns, too many coming in from outside US via illegal means.

I also don't believe that the attitude or momentum is there for the second amendment to be challenged and changed. A large number of US citizens see atrocities like these as a reason to arm!

Wolf

Visit site
Sadly whenever I see these things all I hear in the US media is they need to beef up security in areas with more armed presence,.wasn't long ago Trump said about arming teachers in schools for such things to be avoided..
The simplistic way they view it is more guns need in right hand a rather than less guns everywhere.

Even US soldiers I've served alongside not all but majority when spoken to talk about training more security to take these people out.. it's not so much just a law change they need but a whole social change in attitude towards guns and gun crime. The whole spectrum need a addressing beginning with the 2nd Amendment and filtering down... Can't see it happening though..

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Well the fact that the 2nd amendment allows Americans to have the right to bear arms and won't be changed is probably the biggest issue.

However as I say there are too many in circulation and they are too readily available to now do anything effective about guns in circulation.

The 2nd amendment argument is so bogus. Plus even if it did say they were all allowed guns all it takes is another amendment to remove that right again.

D

Deleted member 15344

A quick question - why don’t the US call these people that carry out the mass shootings - Terrorist’s ? - if it was a Muslim who carried is it safe to say they would be called a Terrorist and be charged with Terrorism

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A quick question - why don’t the US call these people that carry out the mass shootings - Terrorist’s ? - if it was a Muslim who carried is it safe to say they would be called a Terrorist and be charged with Terrorism

Aren’t terrorists people who usually do it for a belief and to inspire followers. That’s how I’d describe a terrorist. Be them, Muslim, Christian or of other beliefs.

These guys want the infamy, but they don’t do it for some greater cause or to inspire more kids to join a high school kill cult (that I’m aware of).

D

Deleted member 18121

Another day. Another mass shooting.

Unclear on gunman so far isnt it? All I've seen is "middle eastern, dressed in black with a beard", but thats not confirmed I believe.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Genuine question....who cares ?
I'd normally avoid responding to a post like that, but really? No humanity? I can't impact on what happens in the US or any other country but it doesn't mean that I, or others, do not care about people dying needlessly around the world. This thread is about a shooting in the US, it could be about many other countries. It still matters.

D

Deleted member 18121

Genuine question....who cares ?

I do, from a common sense standpoint. Now when I see that multiple people have been injured/killed they are now just numbers, there is no shock factor me at all as it is all too common.

The part that that makes me angry is the narrow mindedness of "the US" and their inability to wake up to their problem, rather than throwing irrational "solutions" at it, which they do each time.

**edit - assuming this isnt a terrorist incident

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'd normally avoid responding to a post like that, but really? No humanity? I can't impact on what happens in the US or any other country but it doesn't mean that I, or others, do not care about people dying needlessly around the world. This thread is about a shooting in the US, it could be about many other countries. It still matters.

How come there hasn't been a single mention of the plane that crashed in Indonesia last week ? 188 dead, no great humanity on here about that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are sad events happening every day. Some strike a chord, others become just another story. I saw the plane crash details on tv and felt very sorry for all involved but did not feel the need to start a thread. The US shootings are a recurring theme, many on here will have been to the US and can relate to the places where these things are happening. Most in Europe also struggle with the gun culture in the US where they are similar to us in so many other ways. Fewer will have links to the Philipinnes. It doesn't mean that people don't care.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
It all just strikes me as hypocrisy to make out we care about certain tragic events yet seem, on the face of It, completely ignore other equally tragic events.