Another car thread

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Chisteve - I'm looking at the Passat estate version of this as it fits the bill and c/car tax is low. How far do you genuinely get on electric only? My daily commute is 14 miles each way and official stats claim it has a 30 mile range. I don't expect to get there and back without the engine kicking in but if it can get close then that would be great. What is it like in reality?

Also, any flaws, any reasons not to go for it (assuming I can get a lease at a viable price)

My daily commute is 11 miles each way

It very much depends on how you drive and if it's cold as the heater makes a tremendous difference

I have only managed to drive to work and back on one charge once in the summer - I've had it since last March

No reason not to buy - very good cars in my experance

I have charger at work and don't bother to charge at home as live on terrace street - works fine for me

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that. It very much depends on the lease price I can get for one of these but I can see big advantages, BIK for one. No compromise needed really. It is good to know the reality of the electric range, you want to go into this with your eyes wide open. Cheers