Annual handicap review

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was looking at my record for competition, it was pretty appalling considering I played 6-7 comps, won one and came second in another. I went up in the majority of them and the ones I went down in I ripped the course up... However I did put in a couple of supplementary cards that were high and low which caused the major adjustments to occur. I would suggest Gareth you try the same and see how you get on, you may not get the initial movement you think but eventually your mental game will be strengthened and you will see results.

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In the June Medal he played off 16, played to 13 and was cut to 15
In the July Medal he played off 15, played to 12 and was cut to 14
In the September Stableford he played off 14, played to 13 and stayed at 14

I don't think that's the best way to look at it. In June and July off of 6 I played to 2, then off of 5 I played to 4 and then I played to 1.

Realisticly though, I still struggle to play consistently to 5 in some other medals.

If someone is posting crazy low scores I can understand an extra cut, but not if there are some buffers and 0.1's thrown in. Let the system do its job.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think that's the best way to look at it. In June and July off of 6 I played to 2, then off of 5 I played to 4 and then I played to 1.

Realisticly though, I still struggle to play consistently to 5 in some other medals.

If someone is posting crazy low scores I can understand an extra cut, but not if there are some buffers and 0.1's thrown in. Let the system do its job.

I agree, I've demonstrated my ability to play to 5 this year on more than one occasion, the year before last I demonstrated my ability to play to 4 on at least 3 occasions that I can remember. That doesn't make me a Cat 1 golfer

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Annual review just emailed through, been flagged :( had hoped to sneak under radar but computer say NO up you go! 1 shot increase. Not surprised given the results i have filed this year.
going to have to put plenty of hard work and practice in to lose the added shot and the one i gained through the year in 0.1's.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
In short if you constantly hit buffer then your handicap is inaccurate as you are playing to, or better than it too often.

Or is that not correct?

I take that as if I was to play to 4 over gross on the CSS every comp then in your rating I'm playing exceptional and should expect a reduction? If that was my game I would think myself lucky to still be the same and think it would reflect my handicap was accurate