annoyed & upset

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
tbh I think it would be a total waste of police time, and this type of thing will tie down a copper for a couple of hours when they should be catching criminals, sorry its just how I feel.

What, like motorists doing 72 MPH on the motorway? Taking old people to court for non-payment of council tax? Stopping Christians from handing out leaflets in public and all of that vital crime work ?
Get a grip
Quelle rhubarb!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: annoyed & upset

The truth is stranger than fiction.....never heard anything like it. I'm sorry to hear your trouble.
I wouldn't know where to start, but I'll keep my finger's crossed for you.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Update guys,
Tonight I have got home to find the wife of the chap who has offered to pay for a new driver and utility waiting on my doorstep with a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine and a letter of apology. His wife told me he is very distressed over the whole situation and that he didn't sleep a wink last night and usually isn't the type to start brawls and would I consider having a word with the pro to lift the ban as golf is her and her husbands release, I told her I would think about it.
But tonight I'm going to enjoy the wine and relax and think about it tomorrow.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
At least one of them has shown some remorse.
I can only assume by this that the other guy instigated the brawl, however I feel it is a cheap shot to send one's wife around with an apology. Why wouldn't/couldn't he come around and grovel. Could it be that realisation has set in that they (as a couple) can no longer play at the course and the wife has given him some grief.
The other guy, if still insistent that he is not going to budge on giving you some form of compensation really does need a good going over. Whether it was his "fault" or not he should still eat a little humble pie and pay up. I know I would have done after looking at the foolishness of it all in the cold light of day.

Enjoy your wine (hope it was an expensive bottle) and choose your clubs wisely.
As has been said in a couple of threads. Golf insurance is invaluable, for £30 a yeait gives peace of mind. You never know what is around the corner.

incidentally if you are traumatised by the whole event, there are plenty of law firms that will pursue a case on a no win no fee basis. ;)

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Hi Barb
glad you 've had some better news.
What clubs got broken? Are you replacing with same brands?
My utility is Ben Sayers M8 20 deg - not v. expensive and popular - mine is actually a man's.
Other woods are Mizuno - wouldn't change the driver if paid - but don't think it's a current model.

AliB

barb

Head Pro
Visit site

tbh AliB, I thought I'd try quite afew but I did love my yonex utility so think I may well get another 1 of those, as for the driver I think I might try a different make, we'll see.
will let you know.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Barb, have you considered having the irons re shafted, as a club builder in your area may be able to get a similar shaft to rebuild your irons. Obviously the graphics will be different, but he should be able to measure your remaining irons and get a good match. This may be a cheaper option, even if (as it sounds) your irons are graphite shafts. Cheaper than a new set maybe.