And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Cat and mouse game, someone will probebly go for him near the end of the transfer window, btw looks like Doon was right all along, only one I can remember not rating Hart before the Euros started:)
Maybe only one before the Euros, but a few others have never rated him.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good to see the refs are continuing to award penalties for pulling and holding in the box - Mike Dean has no issues giving them in the previous game so why when the ref clearly saw that one he gave nothing bar a talking too ? They don't help themselves do they

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to see the refs are continuing to award penalties for pulling and holding in the box - Mike Dean has no issues giving them in the previous game so why when the ref clearly saw that one he gave nothing bar a talking too ? They don't help themselves do they

Because until the ball is in play he can't give a penalty and I assume he blew before the Liverpool player took the corner.

Any comment on the Matip foul in the box that should have been a Spurs penalty or the fact Mane could easily have been sent off but the ref bottled giving a second yellow LP?

D

Deleted member 15344

Because until the ball is in play he can't give a penalty and I assume he blew before the Liverpool player took the corner.

Any comment on the Matip foul in the box that should have been a Spurs penalty or the fact Mane could easily have been sent off but the ref bottled giving a second yellow LP?

The Matip situation is the same - should have been a penalty and ref bottled it

As for Mane - not every foul should be a booking - none of his challenges should have warranted a booked unless under accumulation

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Hand brushed across his face and, after thinking about it, went down like he'd copped one from Klitchko.

It's not just him TBF, but it is one of the things I personally find disgusting in the modern game.
Yep it's embarrassing.
Would be good to see the players asked about it.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arsenal were brilliant today in the first half, :clap:, set on their way by a penalty award that no-one appealed for or even saw. :confused:

Second half showed why Arsenal won't win the League. Under pressure and paper thin, there was a draw there for the taking.

Kevin Friend. Awful, just awful. :angry:

D

Deleted member 16999

On a positive note, Everton won and are now 3 points clear of Lpool :rofl: :rofl:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good job the Leicester match finished when it did, with another ten minutes in that deluge and the pitch would have been unplayable, the ball was stopping quickly for the last ten minutes as it was.

Looked a comfortable win until Swansea scored ten mins from time. Time to take Mahrez off of penalty duty, another one easily saved by the keeper.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Matip situation is the same - should have been a penalty and ref bottled it

As for Mane - not every foul should be a booking - none of his challenges should have warranted a booked unless under accumulation

Would the Matip foul have been a red card as well? Thought I'd heard something about rule changes and some fouls when the man was clean through only being a yellow.

I agree that not every foul is a booking but your first post implied that you weren't happy with lack of consistency from referees. Having already booked Mane and Rose for challenges that weren't as bad as the second one from Mane then to be consistent it was a definite second yellow.

And if the Matip foul was a straight red for the guy being clean through (?) then Liverpool could have been down to 9 men.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Arsenal were brilliant today in the first half, :clap:, set on their way by a penalty award that no-one appealed for or even saw. :confused:

Second half showed why Arsenal won't win the League. Under pressure and paper thin, there was a draw there for the taking.

Kevin Friend. Awful, just awful. :angry:

Having just seen it you were hardly hard done to by the award, awful defending.

Did I miss something about teams wearing their second strips? The Arsenal second strip seems to potentially clash even more with Watford than the traditional red & white and I couldn't see any clash that would force a change? Chelsea played in a changed strip there last week and there didn't seem to be a clash then either. :confused:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having just seen it you were hardly hard done to by the award, awful defending.

Did I miss something about teams wearing their second strips? The Arsenal second strip seems to potentially clash even more with Watford than the traditional red & white and I couldn't see any clash that would force a change? Chelsea played in a changed strip there last week and there didn't seem to be a clash then either. :confused:

Having seen the penalty incident on MotD, I don't have any complaints.

Clubs are free to chose their away kit from their approved list no less than 10 days before the fixture. I would imagine there are kit contract clauses that says X kit shall be used Y times per season. Personally Arsenal's kit choice was better that their traditional red and white.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a very worried Southampton fan this morning. Under Poch, Koeman and even Adkins to a degree we played a high tempo, pressing type of football which this guy seems to have come in and ripped up. All we've heard the last 5 years is the Southampton way this and the Southampton way that. Well at the moment that seems to have gone out the window. I'm very concerned that its totally clear to anyone with half a brain that his preferred system doesn't work with the players we have available, but he plows on with it rather than changing the system to suit the players we have. Whilst I agree 3 games is not long enough to judge a manager sometimes an appointment just doesn't 'feel' right from the start, for me this is one of them. I hope I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling our recruitment people have got it wrong this time.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm a very worried Southampton fan this morning. Under Poch, Koeman and even Adkins to a degree we played a high tempo, pressing type of football which this guy seems to have come in and ripped up. All we've heard the last 5 years is the Southampton way this and the Southampton way that. Well at the moment that seems to have gone out the window. I'm very concerned that its totally clear to anyone with half a brain that his preferred system doesn't work with the players we have available, but he plows on with it rather than changing the system to suit the players we have. Whilst I agree 3 games is not long enough to judge a manager sometimes an appointment just doesn't 'feel' right from the start, for me this is one of them. I hope I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling our recruitment people have got it wrong this time.
Must be very frustrating when you see your players/managers doing so well & you just know that it's only a matter of time until someone comes in for them.
Recently you've done a good job replacing them,but surely it can't continue.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just seen the highlights of our game, how can the ref not give a pen for the pulling on Matip? The ball from the corner was in play!!

Mingolet should've done better for the goal, he's game out to close the ball down and turns his back. The quicker Karius is fit the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.