And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The West Ham goalscorer "thinks" that might be the first Premiership goal at the new stadium. Well, it's the first Premier League game, and there's only one goal, so it's a definite maybe!! :rolleyes:

i wonder if I could donate him a brain cell so he has a pair to work with?

Careful Blue, don't want to short side yourself :) :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw a bit of the West Ham match. The fans are further away from the pitch than I expected. It reminded me of the old Wembley. I wouldn't like that as a fan week in week out, even if I was getting the ground for a song.

Any Hammers fans on here? Views on the new stadium from those who have been there?

D

Deleted member 15344

I saw a bit of the West Ham match. The fans are further away from the pitch than I expected. It reminded me of the old Wembley. I wouldn't like that as a fan week in week out, even if I was getting the ground for a song.

Any Hammers fans on here? Views on the new stadium from those who have been there?

Seems like a lot of empty seats in the stadium - pictures of areas of the stands where they had sold ST but no actual seats in place.

If that's the amount they can't get into the stadium for the grand opening first game will they ever fill it ? Maybe they have a stadium that is too big for them. But then it's costing them peanuts so shouldn't be a money drain

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seems like a lot of empty seats in the stadium - pictures of areas of the stands where they had sold ST but no actual seats in place.

If that's the amount they can't get into the stadium for the grand opening first game will they ever fill it ? Maybe they have a stadium that is too big for them. But then it's costing them peanuts so shouldn't be a money drain

August gates can somewhat skew the figures, due to lots being on holidays, so better to judge in September.

However, from what I'm told, I'm an armchair fan.

An armchair fan who has visited over 70 odd English grounds, been a season ticket holder for 30 years (and counting), been to over 30 European aways, 500 in the Uk......blah,blah,blah.

Oh to be a glory hunter, who hasnt been to my own "home" ground more than 10 times, embarassed by other old skool Chelsea fans on here, sitting in my Barnsley sky season ticket armchair. I think I'll invest in a big blue foam hand this year........

You couldn't make it up.......:rofl:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think the green AstroTurf/carpet covering the track looks naff.

They should have went with some contrasting colour or better to leave the track uncovered IMO. I can't see that lasting very long it just looks weird.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

They have sold loads of Season Tickets to trendy folk who don't actually support West Ham. Loads of London-based Youtubers have bought Season Tickets despite supporting other London clubs, so don't imagine they'll be full very often.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stokie - you are doing what Everton did under Moyes. Start badly and then come good. It used to drive us nuts each year. If only they could start well....... The problem for you is going to be what use is Shawcross if refs are going to keep stopping him rugby tackle attackers in the penalty area at corners? You are one defender down if he can't use his arms :rofl:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
August gates can somewhat skew the figures, due to lots being on holidays, so better to judge in September.

An armchair fan who has visited over 70 odd English grounds, been a season ticket holder for 30 years (and counting), been to over 30 European aways, 500 in the Uk......blah,blah,blah.

Oh to be a glory hunter, who hasnt been to my own "home" ground more than 10 times, embarassed by other old skool Chelsea fans on here, sitting in my Barnsley sky season ticket armchair. I think I'll invest in a big blue foam hand this year........

Might want to read my post again Sinbad 👍🏻

"Another" 🙄

Stick to cleaning windows La.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stokie - you are doing what Everton did under Moyes. Start badly and then come good. It used to drive us nuts each year. If only they could start well....... The problem for you is going to be what use is Shawcross if refs are going to keep stopping him rugby tackle attackers in the penalty area at corners? You are one defender down if he can't use his arms :rofl:

Fair enough LT we played City with Aguero who is in stupidly good form but we were so poor at the back. Our draw against Middlesborough is looking a good one after they beat Sunderland yesterday so not massively fussed. It was far from a 4-1 game Saturday but that's the way it goes when you're pushing for a goal against a top team.

I don't know what Ryan was thinking, it couldn't have been made clearer over the summer what would happen if players were pulling in the box.
It happens everywhere in every game but refs will look at it now, just a case of whether they will be consistent in their decisions?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fans have been calling for an end to pulling at corners for years. I hope they stick to enforcing it. As a defender in another sport I always thought grabbing onto people was a sign that you were not good at your job. Defend properly, defend cleanly. If he and others keep doing it then they are clearly stupid and deserve the penalties they get against them. The warnings have been clear enough. In his case he is renowned for it so he needs to be extra careful. Aguero is on fire at the moment, bad time to play City. If only it had been a wet Wednesday in February?

One extra, BET365 Stadium. What is that about? Whatever they are giving you, it is not enough.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fans have been calling for an end to pulling at corners for years. I hope they stick to enforcing it. As a defender in another sport I always thought grabbing onto people was a sign that you were not good at your job. Defend properly, defend cleanly. If he and others keep doing it then they are clearly stupid and deserve the penalties they get against them. The warnings have been clear enough. In his case he is renowned for it so he needs to be extra careful. Aguero is on fire at the moment, bad time to play City. If only it had been a wet Wednesday in February?

One extra, BET365 Stadium. What is that about? Whatever they are giving you, it is not enough.

Couldn't agree more LT, nothing wrong with a bit of jostling if you ask me but once arm and shirt pulling is involved it gets silly.
Players like John Terry have been doing it for years and got away with it so we'll see how it goes.

If Aguero keeps fit this season I can see him getting 30 goals and City running away with it if you ask me.

Don't ask about the Stadium it's ridiculous, we haven't been tied to Britannia for years so can understand the change but it's a ludicrous stadium name.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's all them half and halfs you've collected! ;) :rofl:

D

Deleted member 16999

Can't hold it in any longer.
Burnley 2 - 0 against LPool :rofl: :rofl:
No comments from the red noses, must really be hurting.
Come on lads it's early days, Klippetty will come good and in May you'll be above us, but Burnley :rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can't hold it in any longer.
Burnley 2 - 0 against LPool :rofl: :rofl:
No comments from the red noses, must really be hurting.
Come on lads it's early days, Klippetty will come good and in May you'll be above us, but Burnley :rofl:

:D:D:D

Surprised you held out less than the armchair fan (who calls out other armchair fans).

Maybe there's an armchair heirarchy, that I'm not aware of.

Oh, the irony.......

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Surprised you held out less than the armchair fan (who calls out other armchair fans).

Oh, the irony.......

Apparently having someone on ignore,yet keeps having a dig 🤔

Now that's irony Sinbad 😳

D

Deleted member 16999

Oh, the irony.......

It's been killing me mate😃 add to that Newcastle going down I'll probably only get to one LPool match this season, might give me time to get the armchair re-upholstered:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.