And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's been killing me mate add to that Newcastle going down I'll probably only get to one LPool match this season, might give me time to get the armchair re-upholstered:rofl:

You should be able to get 2 in - Boro and Sunderland.

I reckon Pinseeker's has a mini-bar in it, with 3 types of Vodka, a foam hand holder, and a "learn yourself cockernee" so he can converse online with PROPER Chelsea fans.

Reckon yours has bitter. :whoo:

D

Deleted member 16999

You should be able to get 2 in - Boro and Sunderland.

I reckon Pinseeker's has a mini-bar in it, with 3 types of Vodka, a foam hand holder, and a "learn yourself cockernee" so he can converse online with PROPER Chelsea fans.

Reckon yours has bitter. :whoo:

Bitter on tap 😃 For some reason the lads aren't interested in coming the Boro match, didn't argue too hard,

D

Deleted member 16999

The FA have charged Andre Gray over the tweets he made 4 years ago.
Absolutely ridiculous, FA making themselves look stupid imo.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The FA have charged Andre Gray over the tweets he made 4 years ago.
Absolutely ridiculous, FA making themselves look stupid imo.

Have you read what he said about gay people, white people and women? I'd expect to be fired from my job if my employers found things like that on my social media and rightly so.

D

Deleted member 16999

Have you read what he said about gay people, white people and women? I'd expect to be fired from my job if my employers found things like that on my social media and rightly so.

Yes mate, saw the tweets, read his statement and Burnleys, he was a professional Footballer when he made them, why didn't the FA take action then?
He's apologised, admitted he was wrong young and stupid,
Not agreeing or condoning what he said, just think the FA are only reacting to the media.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yes mate, saw the tweets, read his statement and Burnleys, he was a professional Footballer when he made them, why didn't the FA take action then?
Not agreeing or condoning what he said, just think the FA are only reacting to the media.

Or maybe it's only just come to the FA's attention as they don't follow him on Twitter?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I agree, everyone has made mistakes in their past.

It strikes me that all of a sudden because he is high profile (premiership), they seem to care. Unless they're gonna check all football league players witter feed then its tokenism and nothing more.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My son went on a three day Leicester City summer football training school this week, which he has done for the last couple of years. They put on a number of these over the school holidays. This year Christian Fuchs turns up for all three days and gets involved with the games. How many premiership footballers would do that, let alone league winners?

D

Deleted member 15344

My son went on a three day Leicester City summer football training school this week, which he has done for the last couple of years. They put on a number of these over the school holidays. This year Christian Fuchs turns up for all three days and gets involved with the games. How many premiership footballers would do that, let alone league winners?

I believe that sort of thing happens at every club - plenty even run their own training camps and get involved

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe that sort of thing happens at every club - plenty even run their own training camps and get involved

Yep. All the top clubs have their players kept busy doing things in the community and for bigger charities because it helps the brand of the club. Leicester are by no means a trend setter here, they'll just be highlighted more for it after last season.

D

Deleted member 18588

Don't wish to disillusion you but this is pretty commonplace.

On the other hand you could ask my son, a school-teacher in Leicester, just how much LCFC charge local schools to take part in their inter-schools tournament. Hardly in keeping with Football in the Community.

D

Deleted member 16999

After the rumours about Hart being dismissed by Koeman, Klopp has followed suit and done the same.
Does anyone want him or are Clubs waiting till the last minute or will Hart take a pay cut from £135,000.00 per week to play?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking the last sentence. Clubs may be waiting and hope that either City subsidise his wages or they drop the price they want for the loan. At the moment the deal is too pricey. It's a poker game now, who blinks first.

The one that interests me is Chelsea have signed a back up keeper, Portugal's number 2. Does that mean they would be open to a bid for Begovic?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm thinking the last sentence. Clubs may be waiting and hope that either City subsidise his wages or they drop the price they want for the loan. At the moment the deal is too pricey. It's a poker game now, who blinks first.

The one that interests me is Chelsea have signed a back up keeper, Portugal's number 2. Does that mean they would be open to a bid for Begovic?

Not sure,but Begovic is a better keeper than Hart imo.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After the rumours about Hart being dismissed by Koeman, Klopp has followed suit and done the same.
Does anyone want him or are Clubs waiting till the last minute or will Hart take a pay cut from £135,000.00 per week to play?

Cat and mouse game, someone will probebly go for him near the end of the transfer window, btw looks like Doon was right all along, only one I can remember not rating Hart before the Euros started:)

Status
Not open for further replies.