And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guest100718

Just seen the highlights of our game, how can the ref not give a pen for the pulling on Matip? The ball from the corner was in play!!

Mingolet should've done better for the goal, he's game out to close the ball down and turns his back. The quicker Karius is fit the better.

The ref was poor. But that wasn't a pen

D

Deleted member 16999

Few dodgy pens given and not given yesterday, Shearer and Gullet got my back up going on about the Spurs game and the pen that wasn't, then complaining when soft pens were given, apparently as Benteke was having his shirt pulled it was OK as he was going away from goal, these "experts" really don't help, either it's penalty or not, we know the Referee's are inconsistent so you can't have it either way as well.

D

Deleted member 1740

The ref was poor. But that wasn't a pen

Under the new directives it was a pen.

The ball was in play, refs spotted the infringement and stopped play to warn the offender then ordered the corner to be retaken, it's a foul in the box then it's a pen.

G

guest100718

The ball was in play, refs spotted the infringement and stopped play to warn the offender then ordered the corner to be retaken, it's a foul in the box then it's a pen.

Ball wasnt in play, Shearer was trying to make it look that way.

D

Deleted member 16999

Serious one mate, not doubting Lamela caught whoever legs for a pen, but did he trip him or run into the back of him accidentally?

G

guest100718

Serious one mate, not doubting Lamela caught whoever legs for a pen, but did he trip him or run into the back of him accidentally?

Probably the softest pen of the weekend along with the one against stoke.

D

Deleted member 1740

A pen that we see loads of times were players switch off, he caught Firmino.

I just don't know how madley or the the refs main man can justify what he did yesterday. Every club and every player know the new rules (whether or not we agree on them is a different matter) on shirt pulling in the box at corners.

We've only got ourselves to blame for not winning that game yesterday but these obvious decisions don't help.

D

Deleted member 16999

I just don't know how madley or the the refs main man can justify what he did yesterday. Every club and every player know the new rules (whether or not we agree on them is a different matter) on shirt pulling in the box at corners.

We've only got ourselves to blame for not winning that game yesterday but these obvious decisions don't help.

Their keeper had a worldly early on, stupid decision at the corner, and as you say players legs get tangled, thing is you have to get a pen otherwise players will run into each other and claim an accident. Do you think you need anymore signings?

G

guest100718

If lamela touched him at all it was outside the area and firninio tripped himself over.

Little mention of the stonewall pen for pulling that you seem to think should have been given.

We rode our luck at times, but had some excellent chances of our own, we are desperate for dembele to return.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ball wasnt in play, Shearer was trying to make it look that way.

Strange one, the ball was on the field of play, the ref blows the whistle to continue play. Are you saying that if while waiting for a free kick to be taken a player kicks another player before the whistle is blown for a free kick then no action rather than a stiff talking to is required. Difficult dilemma for the refs to get sorted. Perhaps a yellow card was the answer.

G

guest100718

Strange one, the ball was on the field of play, the ref blows the whistle to continue play. Are you saying that if while waiting for a free kick to be taken a player kicks another player before the whistle is blown for a free kick then no action rather than a stiff talking to is required. Difficult dilemma for the refs to get sorted. Perhaps a yellow card was the answer.

its a tough call as there is always a load of pulling etc going on before the ball is put in to play. Some will deal with it like in the spurs game and tell them to stop before the corner is taken,others will let it carry on and award the pen.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
its a tough call as there is always a load of pulling etc going on before the ball is put in to play. Some will deal with it like in the spurs game and tell them to stop before the corner is taken,others will let it carry on and award the pen.
Unfortunately we all want consistency so they need to get things sorted or it will be back to the old wrestling match. Today's refs are pretty poor.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Well it hasn't taken long for the Liverpool fans to start with the old "poor us" this season.

Not happy with ref not giving decisions their way,but quite happy when he doesn't give them to the opposition.
It doesn't make it any easier for the ref when you've got players like Mane trying to con him.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whats your thoughts on him now mate?

Settled in fantastically well up here, and looks the part. If he keeps his hunger and workrate (and maybe his head) up then weve signed a cracker. He must be one of the first names on the team sheet already.

(This is aimed at sainthacker, or any other Saints fan's on here) :thup:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

The corner had already been taken. The ref blew his whistle whilst it was in air.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well it hasn't taken long for the Liverpool fans to start with the old "poor us" this season.

Not happy with ref not giving decisions their way,but quite happy when he doesn't give them to the opposition.
It doesn't make it any easier for the ref when you've got players like Mane trying to con him.

No poor us at all. See the last paragraph of post #1467.

As for Mane diving, I've only seen the highlights on Goals on Sunday and they never shown it so I've not commented on it. I don't like seeing our players do it and something needs doing about it across the board.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
No poor us at all. See the last paragraph of post #1467.

As for Mane diving, I've only seen the highlights on Goals on Sunday and they never shown it so I've not commented on it. I don't like seeing our players do it and something needs doing about it across the board.

Thing is Stu, referees are part of the problem because they keep blowing up for a foul?

Premier league players these days appear to be made of tissue paper with any contact (...or strong breeze) capable of knocking them over.

If referees stopped offering a whistle for the slightest touch and fall they would soon stop.

D

Deleted member 1740

Thing is Stu, referees are part of the problem because they keep blowing up for a foul?

Premier league players these days appear to be made of tissue paper with any contact (...or strong breeze) capable of knocking them over.

If referees stopped offering a whistle for the slightest touch and fall they would soon stop.

I agree OP.

Many of times Ive seen great 50/50 tackles being given as fouls on the reaction of players, problem is it started 20yrs ago and nothing had been done apart from diluting the game.

It's like every foul is a yellow card now and it's ruined the game.

G

guest100718

The corner had already been taken. The ref blew his whistle whilst it was in air.

lol besides shearer, klop and you ive not seent claimed a pen anywhere else. Maybe he felt he had to cancel out the ridiculous one he gave against lamela. You seem pretty quiet about that one.

and how Mane stayed on the pitch is also amazing!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

lol besides shearer, klop and you ive not seent claimed a pen anywhere else. Maybe he felt he had to cancel out the ridiculous one he gave against lamela. You seem pretty quiet about that one.

Not at all, it was a foul, lamela clipped Firmino's leg and he went down. I'd be more bothered Lamela switched off and put himself in position to cause the foul as firmino was going nowhere.

Like I said to attention seeker, I only saw the highlights on Goals on Sunday and it was blatantly obvious that The ref blew his whistle after the corner had been taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.