And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The ball was entering the 6 yard box as the ref blew - he'll be getting a telling off about that one from the ref's bosses on Monday, believe me.

Lamela was unlucky for the given pen, as I dont think it was deliberate so should'nt have been a pen.

Mane lucky to stay on, although Vertonghen should have been booked for an elbow on him.

I think we deserved all 3 points, and should have been at least 2 up in the first half.

Stuey, I see the glory hunters are out in force today.:thup:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I agree OP.

Many of times Ive seen great 50/50 tackles being given as fouls on the reaction of players, problem is it started 20yrs ago and nothing had been done apart from diluting the game.

It's like every foul is a yellow card now and it's ruined the game.

That's why I call it the Andrex Premier League.

Soft and unnecessarily expensive.

G

guest100718

The ball was entering the 6 yard box as the ref blew - he'll be getting a telling off about that one from the ref's bosses on Monday, believe me.

Lamela was unlucky for the given pen, as I dont think it was deliberate so should'nt have been a pen.

Mane lucky to stay on, although Vertonghen should have been booked for an elbow on him.

I think we deserved all 3 points, and should have been at least 2 up in the first half.

Lol coming from a fan of the ultimate glory hunters club.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lol coming from a fan of the ultimate glory hunters club.

Hey, I was supporting them in 1978 when we were only winning the league 2 out of every 3 years......which was your last time wasn't it?

Then they get in the CL and you suddenly you find your AA road atlas - I'd be embarassed, if I was you.

You'll also find that Liverpool's gates have gone up in the less successful years.:thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Whats your thoughts on him now mate?

Settled in fantastically well up here, and looks the part. If he keeps his hunger and workrate (and maybe his head) up then weve signed a cracker. He must be one of the first names on the team sheet already.

(This is aimed at sainthacker, or any other Saints fan's on here) :thup:

Well so far he's played well twice on tv. That was his speciality with us. His ability is without question. It was he's work ethic, i mean he will run about. But he vanished far to often when the big teams weren't in town.

I still think the fee was too good to turn down, but said at the time. If he finally thinks he's made it and plays as he can week in, then he's got all you need as an attacker.

D

Deleted member 1740

Lamela wasn't unlucky, just stupid.

Paddy won't recognise WHL these days, it's been a long time since he's been isn't it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sterling starting to show again what he's capable of, he'll only get better under Pep.

D

Deleted member 16999

3 games down and City playing the best imo.
Will be interesting to see how they cope against Utd's attack.
Aquero should be banned once the FA see his elbow.
Should be an interesting season dominated by City, Utd and Chelsea.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lamela wasn't unlucky, just stupid.

Paddy won't recognise WHL these days, it's been a long time since he's been isn't it.

Dunno, I wouldnt be happy if a penalty was given against us for that.

I think he may have gone last year, but before that it was 1978.

Maybe he's bought some creosote for his rattle.

Barnsley blue will need a new battery in his alarm, as well. How can you get so obsessed with another club, to the point you talk more about them than your own..........maybe he should have picked Everton.:D

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Dunno, I wouldnt be happy if a penalty was given against us for that.

I think he may have gone last year, but before that it was 1978.

Maybe he's bought some creosote for his rattle.

Barnsley blue will need a new battery in his alarm, as well. How can you get so obsessed with another club, to the point you talk more about them than your own..........maybe he should have picked Everton.:D

Your obsession with me is getting slightly worrying now Sinbad.
Back to football now hey La 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 1740

3 games down and City playing the best imo.
Will be interesting to see how they cope against Utd's attack.
Aquero should be banned once the FA see his elbow.
Should be an interesting season dominated by City, Utd and Chelsea.

Doubt he'll be banned, The ref must've seen it, it was right in front of him.

Stones looked good today aswell

G

guest100718

Hey, I was supporting them in 1978 when we were only winning the league 2 out of every 3 years......which was your last time wasn't it?

Then they get in the CL and you suddenly you find your AA road atlas - I'd be embarassed, if I was you.

You'll also find that Liverpool's gates have gone up in the less successful years.:thup:

Great enjoy your next 30 years of no title too.

Status
Not open for further replies.