And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
I thought the ref got the big decisions right last night. The penalty decision he gave was correct, the one he didn't also correct, and Costa just miss-timed going for the ball against the keeper, didn't deserve to be sent off for it. Keeper made a massive meal of it trying to get him sent off, but Costa was legitimately going for the ball. It was a foul, but not a booking for me.

I thought the ref had a shocker, from the third minute when he booked Kante for a nothing foul. I thought Reid on Oscar was a definite penalty, if the ref didn't then he should have booked Oscar - got it wrong twice!

Carroll conned the ref, getting Dave booked without him making any contact, the ball hit Carroll and he went down clutching his head as if he'd been bludgeoned by a mad axeman. That free kick led to West Ham scoring.

Costa's challenge was a definite booking and although a straight red would have been harsh it wouldn't have been a surprise.

Looks like another season where we'll be discussing the paucity of the officials.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We'll agree to disagree then mate, I genuinely don't believe any team benefits from more good than bad decisions, although I would say certain players are treated unfairly, both good and bad.

So can we agree that Merseyside derbies have been absolutely even over the years then?:)

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah I bet Hart is chomping at the bit to join Everton.

Is Hart really that good were he could potentially pick any top 6 side? I don't think he is. He's not better than De Gea,Courtois, Lloris,Cech, Adrian, Better than schmicheal possibly though I'm not sure.

He's obviously better than Mingolet but I wouldn't have him long term.

Everton,Stoke, Southampton is probably his true level.

D

Deleted member 16999

Is Hart really that good were he could potentially pick any top 6 side? I don't think he is. He's not better than De Gea,Courtois, Lloris,Cech, Adrian, Better than schmicheal possibly though I'm not sure.

He's obviously better than Mingolet but I wouldn't have him long term.

Everton,Stoke, Southampton is probably his true level.

So he's better than Ming, but obviously you's are a club above his level :rofl:
Not at all dellusional are you😃

D

Deleted member 1740

So he's better than Ming, but obviously you's are a club above his level :rofl:
Not at all dellusional are you😃

Robles is better than Mingolet doesn't mean we should take him just because he's a slight improvement.

I'd like a better keeper than Hart long term.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool won't buy him. They've got Karius who is back in training after his injury.

Everton have signed Stekelenburg, but I don't believe he was ever signed to be our #1. Think Koeman had bigger plans for our keeper spot than just Stekelenburg.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It looks as though the Benteke deal is now going through. £27m rising to £30m. Palace have spent big although there is some balance there from the Bolassie deal. A good deal for both parties.

D

Deleted member 1740

It looks as though the Benteke deal is now going through. £27m rising to £30m. Palace have spent big although there is some balance there from the Bolassie deal. A good deal for both parties.

I'm happy with that. There's no doubt about his ability, he just never suited the style of football that Rodgers brought him into and once Klopp came in his work rate and effort were poor. He had plenty of chances under Klopp.

I wonder if Pardew still thinks he's a cheat and i hope he's going to publicly put him to the sword about not diving.

Balotelli out the door next hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.