And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

So how when Taylor was booking people for nothing tackles he then did nothing when Costa was late studs up on the GK. It was borderline red but a clear yellow card

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the ref got the big decisions right last night. The penalty decision he gave was correct, the one he didn't also correct, and Costa just miss-timed going for the ball against the keeper, didn't deserve to be sent off for it. Keeper made a massive meal of it trying to get him sent off, but Costa was legitimately going for the ball. It was a foul, but not a booking for me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had he not been booked it was surely a yellow. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. caught the keeper a sore one alright.

D

Deleted member 1740

I thought the ref got the big decisions right last night. The penalty decision he gave was correct, the one he didn't also correct, and Costa just miss-timed going for the ball against the keeper, didn't deserve to be sent off for it. Keeper made a massive meal of it trying to get him sent off, but Costa was legitimately going for the ball. It was a foul, but not a booking for me.

90% of yellow cards are for the same as you've described, it was a foul and yellow but the ref bottled it. If he'd hadn't have been booked previously I'm sure he'd have been booked.

D

Deleted member 16999

It'll all balance out at the end of the season, daft to think we won't have controversey, next week Everton, week after Swansea etc.

Difficult to see what the Refs see and they get one shout.

Read the thread about Lamps, Stevie G and Scholes, differeing opinions, some said 2 of them were thugs.

Anyone else but Costa it wouldn't be mentioned, he's a marked man and opposition know this.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It will be worse than last year. I can see referees being a big talking point and the new law changes making it harder for them to referee with any discretion. Chelsea looked an effective unit last night. Much tighter front to back

They did, but they should do if they play Matip and kante (an Italian perspective, possibly).

To be fair, sorting the defence and building from there, should be a few other managers priority, ourselves included.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So how when Taylor was booking people for nothing tackles he then did nothing when Costa was late studs up on the GK. It was borderline red but a clear yellow card

It was.

however, the first 3-4 times I saw it, I just thought the keeper was doing the extra rolls to get costa sent off, but only after a few replays did it show how high and dangerous it was. Think the lino should have spotted it better than the ref. Costa had a right to tackle the keeper in that situation, although if you hit someone shin high, it buckles there ankle it should have seen him off.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It'll all balance out at the end of the season, daft to think we won't have controversey, next week Everton, week after Swansea etc.

Difficult to see what the Refs see and they get one shout.

Read the thread about Lamps, Stevie G and Scholes, differeing opinions, some said 2 of them were thugs.

Anyone else but Costa it wouldn't be mentioned, he's a marked man and opposition know this.

It never balances itself out over a season. Clichéd, and untrue.:thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

It never balances itself out over a season. Clichéd, and untrue.:thup:
I genuinely think it does, no official intentionally makes a bad decision, you yourself said the decision last night was wrong after you watched replays.
Very few of us call every bad decision against our own team.
Please feel free to show me were a team has only had bad decisions against them.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I genuinely think it does, no official intentionally makes a bad decision, you yourself said the decision last night was wrong after you watched replays.
Very few of us call every bad decision against our own team.
Please feel free to show me were a team has only had bad decisions against them.

When Everton called in the FA and the refs, as they hadn't had a penalty in about 18 months.:thup:

The big/successful teams definitely get more. We benefitted years ago, to a degree, we still do more than most.

Ferguson had the refs round his little finger, no away team got an away pen in about 3 years at one point. Terry, Rooney, Gerrard tried to ref the match themselves for years, and got away with dissent far too many times. Duncan Ferguson, Niall Quinn, Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch can have their shirts ripped off their backs and no foul, they slightly touch someone and its given as a foul etc.

D

Deleted member 16999

When Everton called in the FA and the refs, as they hadn't had a penalty in about 18 months.:thup:

The big/successful teams definitely get more. We benefitted years ago, to a degree, we still do more than most.

Ferguson had the refs round his little finger, no away team got an away pen in about 3 years at one point. Terry, Rooney, Gerrard tried to ref the match themselves for years, and got away with dissent far too many times. Duncan Ferguson, Niall Quinn, Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch can have their shirts ripped off their backs and no foul, they slightly touch someone and its given as a foul etc.
We've also benefitted from dodgy decisions just like Terry, Gerard and Rooney, Carroll was all over the Chelsea players last night.
We all benefit and we all moan.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We've also benefitted from dodgy decisions just like Terry, Gerard and Rooney, Carroll was all over the Chelsea players last night.
We all benefit and we all moan.

You know the point, I'm making,mate.

We have all had and will also get ones go our way for us and against us, there is no doubt.

I'ts the statement that it is evenly spread, that isn't true.

D

Deleted member 16999

You know the point, I'm making,mate.

We have all had and will also get ones go our way for us and against us, there is no doubt.

I'ts the statement that it is evenly spread, that isn't true.

We'll agree to disagree then mate, I genuinely don't believe any team benefits from more good than bad decisions, although I would say certain players are treated unfairly, both good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.