And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We'll probably never know but it's likely to be money. Not just the fee, wages but often the parasitic agents.

Arsenal just wont pay over the odds for a player and IMO if you are in bidding war then it's better to step away because the player is probably not worth fighting for.

Utd, City and Chelsea are willing to part with large sums all day long and if it doesnt work out then no problem they buy more.

I accept that certain players will sign for Utd because they are United but this won't apply to Chelsea or City quite the same way.

Quite a few players had Arsenal as a first choice, Mhkitarian and Mahrez to name a couple, but most of the time Arsenal never even put a bid in, despite showing interest with the player and his agent.
If you want to buy players, you have to be in the market.

I don't think there has been a coherent transfer strategy for 5 plus years. There's no identifying what is needed, draw up a short list, and go out and get what you need about Arsenal. If the best the scouting team could come up with was Vardy, they can't be working very hard. We have ended up with a team of busy midfield midgets. Even Ozil and Sanchez weren't planned, they were an accident, when the selling clubs needed to balance the books.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bolassie has officially signed for Everton. We have paid over the top but that is the market and we have the Stones money banked to cover it. He will certainly add pace to the team, I don't know enough about him to say more. Pace in a team is always a good thing though.

Could Hart be next? Looking at the top teams it is Everton and Liverpool who need a top keeper, the others have that position covered. I assume City have someone lined up to replace him as Cabellero is pretty poor for their level IMO. I'd take Hart.

I think Bolasie is a good player, and someone who can play on the wing, or up front. Still raw in terms of application at times, but very strong, direct and skillful.

I'd have Hart over mignolet, or Robles anyday. Whether Stekelenberg is the same standard, better or worse, I dont know.

Overall, them two signings I think would be good for the blues, and will improve you.

D

Deleted member 1740

Good to see the refs still don't know the difference between a foul and a yellow card.

Shocking decision to book Kante.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Stick a stiff arm across William's chest like Reid did as he is running and it is a penalty in the modern game.

Sorry mickie, I think we've crossed wires, I was talking about the pen that wasn't given in the 1st half and not the actual pen that was given.

D

Deleted member 18588

Oops sorry Mickie, Still not a pen though.

That's the problem,too many pens have wrongly been given in previous years and now those are pens in the modern game.

I agree but if it is now usual for them to be given then they all have to be given.

Thing is it is a game for "Big Jessies" these days but them's the rules.:(

D

Deleted member 1740

Sorry Stu, he wasn't that good. If that's the standard of refereeing we can expect God help us.

It makes me wonder what the assessors are watching when they assess these refs. I'd like to read some of those reports.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Finally caught up on Sunday's games. I liked the look of United in that second half - much quicker at breaking, the front four happy to interchange positions and all making direct runs rather than worrying first and foremost about keeping possession. Hopefully a sign of things to come as the players get used to the system. With Mhkitaryan and Pogba to also get starts, it's exciting times at Old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.